tbone1004
Master Diver
First Name: Tom

Re: Ultimate travel setup with Kraken

Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:53 pm

oh, my dive rite transpac seems to be working quite well too, so if you have one of the sidemount rigs that will accept a single tank *Dive Rite Nomad, Hollis SMS100/75, Armadillo, etc*, then you may not have to buy a new plate/wing. Not to say you shouldn't, but if are intending on diving sidemount while travelling or going to something like Luis' mixed mount deal, then it may be a decent option.

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Re: Ultimate travel setup with Kraken

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Hej du,

Here is a sample setup. I use this one setup for diving in Puget Sound (49 degrees F water) and Hawaii (85 degrees F water), and anything in between.
File_002.jpeg
You can see here where my hand is that the low pressure inflator hose comes from the top, and goes over my shoulder to the BCD hose. I run one of Bryan's angle adapters with my drysuit hose coming out of the bottom of the kraken. The miflex hose that you see by the horn is a 5 foot miflex hose, and I run my alternate second stage off of it. Then, I run an SPG.

More pictures:
File_001.jpeg
cold water drysuit hose with the large knurled flange.
File_003.jpeg
20 degree angled adapter for the drysuit hose.
File_004.jpeg
The SPG Bryan sells with built in breakaway.
File_005.jpeg
5 foot Miflex hose with alternate second stage.

I use this setup, and just take off the stuff I don't need. In Hawaii, I was using just the regulator and SPG. Here, I use everything for drysuit diving. I bring everything in one box and rig up only what I need. When I run the alternate second stage, I just tuck the hose in my waist band of my backplate and wing just like a 7 foot hose, but without the wrap around the body. Older DIR guys used to do this for singles diving back in the day, and a 5 foot hose is still plenty for donating a regulator.

There you go, and you can basically do anything recreational with this one setup. I also recommend Bryan's plate, which I use as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”