Fibonacci
Master Diver
First Name: Graeme

DH manifold adaptor wishlist...

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:27 am

Playing around quickly with Photoshop to illustrate what I'd like to see offered by current isolation manifold manufacturers...

Why aren't they available?
Would turn any standard isolation manifold into a flexible DH friendly setup...

'A man can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition' Rudyard Kipling

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Re: DH manifold adaptor wishlist...

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:40 am

While not specifically what you seek, I'd suggest you look at the offerings from WMD (Well Marine Diver). With the partnership between Bryan and Randy (Piranha), there is an access to some things that may work for the modern double hose diver. I was working with Randy a few months back on some things in the catalog.

I have been intending to order a manifold, but haven't been able to get the time to do it as other items need attention before.

Check it out.
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Fibonacci
Master Diver
First Name: Graeme

DH manifold adaptor wishlist...

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Thanks Bob really useful info... I had been searching rebreather valve manufacturers for literally weeks trying to find something suitable that wasn't 300 BAR DIN!

Seems WMD has a couple of rebreather oriented modular manifolds available in 225 BAR DIN/YOKE

http://www.wmd.com.tw/products/item/572
SK-0623M-225BAR

http://www.wmd.com.tw/products/item/574
SK-0622M-225BAR

Seems SK-0623M-225BAR could be inverted so the knob is at the top to clear the DH cans, which would give a configuration similar to vintage modular setups where both tanks feed a common manifold with a single on/off valve.

On SK-0622M-225BAR each tank can be isolated more in tune with current 'Benjamin crossover manifold' configurations.

Given I will NOT be cave diving nor using a dry suit, which setup would most suit modern DH diving?
I'm leaning more towards 0623M if it can be flipped as it appears more low profile and streamlined... but 0622M would allow more clearance for DH cans and around the wing.
Appreciate any VDH community thoughts :)
'A man can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition' Rudyard Kipling

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:13 am

The SK-0623M will work just fine with any DH regulator. The valve knob will not interfere with any can. You should be able to rotate the center piece so that the outlet is lower and there should be no problem with the clearance for any DH regulator.

To help with the clearance, your wallet will also be a lot thinner, after you pay for one of this new manifolds. :)

BTW, the only advantage I see with the SK-0622M is that you can take the doubles apart while there is still air in them. That is just a trivial advantage if you had to service connections to the center piece (for a leak) and you didn’t want to waist the air.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:38 am

It is an interesting decision, but seeing you should be wearing your DH "low" to properly get it to perform, the individual isolation knobs may not be reachable.... I do like the isolation, and thus I am torn too on which one...

Luis, the cost isn't "too bad" (IIRC, about 1/3 more than a DGX modern manifold package), especially compared to the XS-Scuba ones......
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”