Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

PLEASE READ ALL ARGONAUT DSV DIVERS...IMPORTANT

Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Heads Up Argonaut DSV Divers.

It was brought to my attention by legal council that I should have indicated on the DSV body in a permanent way that the DSV was designed for Open Circuit SCUBA... Not For Rebreather Use.
The reasoning is not to fault the DIY folks but more of a CYA for me that in the future someone not knowing this information might acquire an Argonaut DSV thinking that it WAS for rebreather use or was original equipment on some rebreather type.....
So with that said, I had to halt sales, Ron had to make the website page for the DSV have a click waiver link to purchase and I have to take a whole lot of Argonaut DSV outer tubes to my engraver and have each one engraved.....NOT FOR REBREATHER USE........

Here is the important part.....If you would like to return your Argonaut DSV to me I will be glad to swap out your outer tube for one that is marked NOT FOR REBREATHER USE....I'll send it back to you and include a website store discount coupon code for future purchse. This is totally voluntary and is by no means something you must do.

Questions.....Please E-mail me or if you want to send yours back for the outer tube swap I guarantee I will do it within 48 hours and back out to you.

Vintage Double Hose
27251 Wesley Chapel Boulevard
Wesley Chapel Florida 33544
866-304-2388
IMG_1461[1].JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Re: PLEASE READ ALL ARGONAUT DSV DIVERS...IMPORTANT

Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:11 pm

I was wondering why they were again out of stock so quickly.... ah, legal counsel (I'm married to an attorney)....
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:07 pm

I first said.....Ok, I'll put a sticker on them saying NOT FOR REBREATHER USE......He had a good laugh at that.

In my mind I see each new VDH project making me racks of cash
stacks-of-money.jpg
The reality of most of them after all is said and done :D :D
stack down the drain.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

rhwestfall
Master Diver

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:13 pm

LOL! With the stuff you have done (and I can only imagine where you are thinking of going), I hope your skin (okay, your finances too) is thick enough to keep on keeping on!
Bob

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:23 pm

- I will actually treasure my non-engraved DSV. And don't worry: It will never be used on any re-breather. It's too bad you have to engrave a warning on it. I see the same thing on some awfully nice firearms... "Read Your Manual... Guns Can Be Dangerous"... "Caution: Coffee is Hot"... Duh. I understand but I wish it wasn't necessary.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

rhwestfall
Master Diver

Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:30 pm

I know we have gone too far when I recently saw a warning label on a package of razor blades stating to use caution because they were sharp.....

good grief...

I consider my DSV to now be "more collectible", and with the lack of engraving, it is proven to be the first generation/production run.... :D

nope, you won't get it back..... and no, it won't go on a re-breather either...

regrettably, the next 2 or three I buy will have to have the silly engraving on them....
Bob

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:52 pm

MIne is on the way back to the VDH skunkwerks.

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:01 am

My two will never be sold or traded.

And at the current state of development rebreathers are suicide machines. Plain and simple.

If you really, really, really want them back really, really badly, then PM or email me Bryan.

I think the product is underpriced and could see it at $100 even after the introductory period is past. A sticker, no need to engrave, showing the direction to open would be a nice addition to include in the rebuild kits.

James

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:12 am

Now that the VDH Mouthpiece scandal has been averted we can go on to other great stuff that's in the works. :D :D

Once again, if you have already received your new Argonaut DSV and would like me to swap out the outer tube with one marked NOT FOR REBREATHER USE simply return it to me and I'll turn it around ASAP and include a Coupon Code for a discount on a future purchase. The swap is 100% voluntary. The unmarked DSV's will become part of the Argonaut lore like the Series One serial number tags and yokes with thumbscrews.....Someday future generations will talk about these items like we do the black labels and Fernez mouthpieces now.......Wishful thinking on my part but you gotta dream big!
20160819_105739.jpg
Vintage Double Hose
866-304-2388

DaveMann
Lung Diver
First Name: Dave

Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:06 pm

I'm not saying we should eliminate all of the stupid people, I'm just saying let's remove all of the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:41 pm

Bryan wrote:Now that the VDH Mouthpiece scandal has been averted we can go on to other great stuff that's in the works. :D :D

Once again, if you have already received your new Argonaut DSV and would like me to swap out the outer tube with one marked NOT FOR REBREATHER USE simply return it to me and I'll turn it around ASAP and include a Coupon Code for a discount on a future purchase. The swap is 100% voluntary. The unmarked DSV's will become part of the Argonaut lore like the Series One serial number tags and yokes with thumbscrews.....Someday future generations will talk about these items like we do the black labels and Fernez mouthpieces now.......Wishful thinking on my part but you gotta dream big!
20160819_105739.jpg
Vintage Double Hose
866-304-2388
Yeah, 50 or perhaps 100 years in the future some collector will have the DD3 once owned by the famous videographer Swimjim. They will remark upon what a rouge he was because his DSV wasn't marked not for use with rebreathers. For now I am simply enjoying my DSV equipped Argonaut Kraken. Two more dives on it today at Fortune Pond!

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:04 am

You guys are depressing me. I do have a date with Buddhasummer for a dive, high noon, Datura Boulevard portal, Fort Lauderdale, in 2050. After that I may just drop my equipment on the beach and walk into the sunset. If somebody picks up my DSV and uses it on a rebreather, well, surely by then they may actually not kill everybody that uses one. More power to them, I do not think it will matter.

I have already left a 63, one 19 and a mask on the beach there, oh, and a beach umbrella. I found a mask there too last year but that mask was cursed so this year I returned it to the bench by the shower head at the Datura portal where I found it.

Nem

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:11 am

DaveMann wrote:I'm not saying we should eliminate all of the stupid people, I'm just saying let's remove all of the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
I respectfully disagree and stupid people are evidence of de-evolutionary recidivism. The world is far to full of idiots and the lawyers that prey on that stupidity. Stupid is free and common sense isn't common in these kindler gentler and stupid times. :mrgreen:

Bryan, if the ones you sent me are not marked I will take the bodies down to the jewel suk in Tabuk and have them engrave "Not for Rebreather Use" on them in English, Arabic and Russian BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY STUPID PEOPLE. Even in our diving world, just ask any Egyptian dive instructor about the Russian basic open water idiots they get.
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

keithwaugh
First Name: keith

Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:10 pm

Bryan wrote:Heads Up Argonaut DSV Divers.

It was brought to my attention by legal council that I should have indicated on the DSV body in a permanent way that the DSV was designed for Open Circuit SCUBA... Not For Rebreather Use.
The reasoning is not to fault the DIY folks but more of a CYA for me that in the future someone not knowing this information might acquire an Argonaut DSV thinking that it WAS for rebreather use or was original equipment on some rebreather type.....
So with that said, I had to halt sales, Ron had to make the website page for the DSV have a click waiver link to purchase and I have to take a whole lot of Argonaut DSV outer tubes to my engraver and have each one engraved.....NOT FOR REBREATHER USE........

Here is the important part.....If you would like to return your Argonaut DSV to me I will be glad to swap out your outer tube for one that is marked NOT FOR REBREATHER USE....I'll send it back to you and include a website store discount coupon code for future purchse. This is totally voluntary and is by no means something you must do.

Questions.....Please E-mail me or if you want to send yours back for the outer tube swap I guarantee I will do it within 48 hours and back out to you.

Vintage Double Hose
866-304-2388
IMG_1461[1].JPG
Very sad and absolutely ridiculous that you have to do this and spoon feed some people. I would have hoped that if you tell customers that the DSV is for open circuit, that should be the end of it. Obviously not!! Some people seem to try to use every conceivable loophole to make money out of someone else. Whatever happened to common sense and being responsible for your own actions, instead of always blaming someone else??

uwstlth
Master Diver
First Name: kevin

Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:54 pm

keithwaugh wrote:
Bryan wrote:Heads Up Argonaut DSV Divers.

Very sad and absolutely ridiculous that you have to do this and spoon feed some people. I would have hoped that if you tell customers that the DSV is for open circuit, that should be the end of it. Obviously not!! Some people seem to try to use every conceivable loophole to make money out of someone else. Whatever happened to common sense and being responsible for your own actions, instead of always blaming someone else??
I totally agree with you. Being an avid rebreather diver I can see where and why Bryan has had to do this. Early on, it was stated on this forum that this "DSV" may be a viable low-cost option for rebreather divers (which I never agreed with). Another reason I would imagine is the secondary market. A person can buy one of these, use it for a while, decide to sell it to someone else and not mention that it isn't certified for rebreather use. If an accident happens, it is possible that person or their family could come back after Bryan. While I hate that we live in a nanny state now, I see Bryan's POV and believe he is doing the right thing to protect his intellectual property as well as his family from litigious bungholes.

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”