rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Re: New DSV Mouthpiece Coming soon!

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:10 am

Well, it seems to be a theme, but the DSV shined again. Used my DH for a Solo class this weekend (yes, you guys are having fun with that idea elsewhere here). Demonstrating the switch to independent air supply was so simple with the ability to shut down with the DSV. Also, deploying a DSMB (oral inflate) just plays out so simple. The ability to clear with the slightest puff, and switch back on was a really well thought out design element.

Repeating, WELL DONE!

Also, the hose weights also played a beneficial role as the mouthpiece just hung there where I wanted it while having to have it out of my mouth, and out of my hands.

Regrettably, as it was class, no cameras were permitted, so no pictures....
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:34 am

Thanks for the info! Some divers seem to struggle with the new DSV/hose assembly but I think for the most part they have not had the time or taken the time to sort it out like you have. Once you get it setup to your individual liking it's a real pleasure to dive with.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

EHowe
Master Diver
First Name: Edward

Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:00 am

Another clamp option I have found is using the original USD hose clamp with the longer thumb screws available in the store. Looks good and comes apart easily for maintenance and cleaning.

couv
Master Diver

Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 pm

rhwestfall wrote: Regrettably, as it was class, no cameras were permitted, so no pictures....
No pictures because you had a class? Well, come back when you don't have any class.

......Rodney Dangerfield (paraphrased)
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”