Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Re: DH carrying devices

Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:32 pm

I may remove the hoses for packing, throwing the hoses in the dive bag and the regulator in the luggage. Since I carry on my camera I put it in my checked luggage. I will some times lay the regulator, fully assembled, between the area formed by my fins on either side and my bp/wing. Maybe a towel under and my wetsuit or diving suits etc. on top of it.

At home I store my dh regs in plastic tubs with an old towel between each, stacked up and spares and single hose stuff sometimes in the center to save space.

Really, for to and from the boat, my little gym bag with shoulder strap is about the best I have come up with. Regulator, computer, tools, sometimes my mask and a small light go in there.

Nem

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Re: DH carrying devices

Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:24 pm

I also remove the hose loop when I pack my regulator for travel. Even with a lot of padding, it is just too easy to pinch the hoses against the edge of the horn. That is where I have seen must of the damage on regulator hoses.

I use long thumb screws on the hose clamps to make it easy to loosen-up the clamps and remove the hoses. I use long enough screws so I never have to totally remove the nuts, I just loosen up the clamps.

To me it is important to remove the hose loop to rinse the inside and let it dry. This is particularly true in fresh water where you can get a lot of bio-loading. Silicone hoses do not promote grows, but the wet environment inside the convolutions still tends to get slimy if it is not cleaned and dried regularly.

I use a blower to quickly dry the inside of the hoses.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”