EberWolf
Lung Diver
First Name: James

Backplater regulator cutout size

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:08 pm

While I have some time on my hands I thought I'd take a stab at making my own backplate. I've looked a a few different designs that would work with a couple modifications. The biggest one is the cut out for the Kraken. I printed out one design and set my Kraken at the top so half the regulator is above the top of the plate. It takes up a lot more real estate than I thought it would. But that is also the full diameter of the regulator.

How low and wide should the cut out be in order to accommodate the regulator?

Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Re: Backplater regulator cutout size

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:33 pm

So that the can, can fit through the plate and touch your back betwen the shoulder blades. Weather you need the hole the size of the tip of the can or if you need the whole thing to pass through, I guess would depend on how you make and strap the plate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Formerly tripplec. Decided to use my real name since you guys aren't a bunch of flaky internet trolls.

Chris
Master Diver

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:36 pm

Im thinking I need my plate twelve inches higher with a round hole for my reg and a lifting eye on top so they can just hoist me into the boat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Formerly tripplec. Decided to use my real name since you guys aren't a bunch of flaky internet trolls.

Chris
Master Diver

Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:45 pm

Just a thought, but you might want to plan for future regulators. My Kraken I believe sits flush with the plate, maybe a little past.my Phoenix is a bit longer and if I remember right, the band clamp sits in the cutout.

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”