Danny D
Lung Diver

Tank Colors and Dates

Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:49 pm

I do not have access to any of the product catalogs from the 1950’s and 60’s so do we have dates where we know that Voit painted their tanks white and USD did theirs yellow?

I have some sets of both that I might put some color over the galvalite once it’s on, but would like to be correct inline with tank stamping dates etc.

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Re: Tank Colors and Dates

Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:36 pm

There are links at the bottom of this page where you can view PDFs of the Voit and USD catalogs from the early years. My personal experience is that Voit's colors were green and white to begin with but changed to blue and white. USD's colors were always yellow and black.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Danny D
Lung Diver

Re: Tank Colors and Dates

Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:32 pm

SurfLung wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:36 pm
There are links at the bottom of this page where you can view PDFs of the Voit and USD catalogs from the early years. My personal experience is that Voit's colors were green and white to begin with but changed to blue and white. USD's colors were always yellow and black.
Having been away from this forum for years, I totally forgot about all the great resources that have been collected by Brian and everyone. Ask and you shall receive!

Return to “Tanks and Valves”