ColemanJ
Diver
First Name: James

Sherwood/Genesis 7/8" neck threads 300bar HP tanks manifold wanted.

Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:25 pm

So I'm looking for a manifold to fit the old 300bar HP tanks from Sherwood/Genesis with the slant back valves 7/8" neck threads. I have two 80's that I would like to setup as doubles for my PRAM. I have a bunch of these tanks I use all the time but are 100's and would be too heavy to double up. The 80's are ideal if I could only locate a manifold in decent shape and affordable. I use my PHAM (DIN) , Conshelf XIV's , and a OTS Spectrum FF mask with a custom powder coated Conshelf XIV attached with these tanks. Thanks for any help everyone! :D

2THDIVR
Master Diver
First Name: Scott

Re: Sherwood/Genesis 7/8" neck threads 300bar HP tanks manifold wanted.

Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:38 pm

The only manifolds for those tanks are dual outlet, left and right sides.
Hope you are not looking for a center outlet.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:29 pm

I sold my twin HP 80's with that manifold last year. Lots of air but too damn heavy for me. :)

And yes, there is no center outlet.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

ColemanJ
Diver

Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:21 pm

Yeah I know there is no center output but was planning on using my Conshelf XIV regulators. I thought that US Divers made a solid bar center output manifold but I have been able to confirm it.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:29 am

ColemanJ wrote:
Yeah I know there is no center output but was planning on using my Conshelf XIV regulators. I thought that US Divers made a solid bar center output manifold but I have been able to confirm it.
There is definitely a US Divers solid bar manifold with a center yoke outlet, but not in 7/8" thread. At least I've never seen one. Happy to be proved wrong. :)
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

rx7diver
Lung Diver
First Name: Ronald

Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:18 pm

ColemanJ wrote:
@Coleman,

I own the original "Sherwood Double DIN Isolator Manifold" and (tack-welded) bands that you're asking about. I purchased these new ~1993 to use (briefly) with my Sherwood Genesis HP 80's (PST cylinders that have a capacity of ~82 cu ft @ 3,500 psig service pressure). "Briefly", because I switched almost immediately to Genesis HP 100's.

I used this rig for diving in the Great Lakes for a couple of years before I switched to Genesis HP 120's. Actually, the HP 100's were perfect for me for the types of dives I was doing (accelerated deco fives to ~200 ffw for a 25 minute bottom time), but they were too short for me to easily reach the valves, so I replaced them with the taller 120's. Besides, I was planning on pursuing deeper/longer exposures.

When I switched to the 120's, I purchased an OMS manifold and bands to use with them. So, the Sherwood manifold and bands have sat unused ever since.

Let me know if you're interested in them. I'm sure we can come to some sort of deal. (IIRC, I cleaned the manifold before I stored it away. I can't recall if I replaced the two isolator O-rings before storing it. BTW, you can purchase new burst disc assemblies from Northeast.)

rx7diver

ColemanJ
Diver

Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:21 pm

Thanks rx7diver! I bit the bullet and made a deal on Divers Supply to purchase a new setup that Thermo apparently still makes. I ordered it but I'm still waiting to see if if actually materializes. :) I would still possibly be interested in the bands though if it does. If it doesn't pan out I will let you know about the manifold and bands! Thanks!

rx7diver
Lung Diver

Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:33 pm

No problem, ColemanJ. BTW, if I recall, the C-C spacing of my Sherwood Double DIN manifold is different (narrower) than the C-C spacing on modern manifolds. They came out before the C-C spacing became "standardized." This suggests to me my Genesis bands will work only (?) with this manifold.

rx7diver

rx7diver
Lung Diver

Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:16 pm

@ColemanJ,

The attached photo, taken just now, shows the approximate difference in C-C spacing of my OMS manifold for my PST HP 80/100/120 cylinders (on the left) vs. that of the original Sherwood Genesis 300 Br. Double DIN Isolation Manifold (on the right).
Manifolds_OMS_v_Sherwood_Genesis_20201115.jpeg
I'm not sure, but I think the C-C spacing of the Genesis manifold is the same as the original Sherwood Shelpac Isolation manifold. (Example shown here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sherwood-Shelp ... Sw6a5fj125.) Maybe one of our fellow VDH members can confirm this.

rx7diver
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ColemanJ
Diver

Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:47 pm

Thanks rx7Diver I actually received the new Thermo manifold assembly a couple of days ago from Divers Supply. I have taken it and the 80's tanks to my local LDS in Greensboro NC so he can assemble them. He has a couple of brand new bands and campack backback assemblies he is going to let me have for free and set it up. I am currently restoring and setting up a SeaTec horse collar BC to use with it. I still might be interested in your manifold and bands though. Either I or my brother might be interested. Let me know through private messaging if you are still willing to sell them and for how much.

Return to “Tanks and Valves”