ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Leveling the center section of a J-62 manifold

Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:08 am

I was assembling my new center section in my J-62 manifold. A friend had come over to watch the process as he was going to be assembling a set of doubles for the first time ever and wanted to learn how. He asked me how I made sure the center section was pointed straight down so his DH reg wouldn't be at a weird angle. I have always just eyeballed it, but it got me to thinking so this is what I did. I'm sure I'm not the first to do this but it worked great! I attached a reg and tightened the locking nuts with the level in place.

"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Re: Leveling the center section of a J-62 manifold

Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:35 am

That's a good idea if you want it level. But I've been doing mine with a slight backward lean so that I can use a banjo fitting and run the hose straight down over the center bolt of the bands. If I have the valve perfectly straight up and down, it usually puts a strain on the banjo and hose to bend it over the the center bolt of the bands.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Return to “Tanks and Valves”