I Love Twin 38s...
- My favorites are the war surplus 1800 psi tanks. They're JUST like Mike Nelson because they are so light, you can wear them with no wet suit and you will still need weights to sink... Most double tanks are VERY sinky.
- Yes they position the double hose regulator perfectly... Flat on its face right at the top of your lungs.
- Yes they are comfortable... It's like a balance thing... They just ride nice. The round bottom tanks are best.
- Here's some fun facts: USD Twin 38s are 1800 psi and they hold 38 cf. Sportsways came out with the same sized tank with a little thicker walls and stamped it 1880 psi. They are actually 38 cf tanks. But their marketing team overfilled them an acceptable 10% to 2068 psi and sold them as Twin 42s. So the next year, USD overfilled THEIR Twin 38s by an acceptable 10% to 1980 psi and sold them as Twin 42s.
- My friend AntiqueDiver supplied me with yet another set of 38s so I now have 4 sets. I love 'em all.