couv
Master Diver

Drying unused molecular sieve

Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:53 pm

Hi Gang,

I have some unused MS (13x) that has been sealed in a foil wrapper for quite some time. However, I would still like to get maximum efficiency from it. A while back, I copied a note found at a website (delta adsorb) basically saying MS can be regenerated by heating it to 130 deg C (266F) to 250 deg C (482F) but no mention of time. I have been unable to find the same information on the website and calling them resulted in an answer of something like 400 deg F for 2 hours. I'm not sure the tech understood I was using fresh product, so I am looking for some guidelines to prepare fresh, unused, MS 13x before I do a repack.

Web page search answers are all over the map. Surely one of you guys has this tribal knowledge.

Thanks,

Couv
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

captain
Plank Owner

Re: Drying unused molecular sieve

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:38 pm

When I worked an air separation plant we passed 400 degree dry air through the sieve beds for 2 hours.
Captain

couv
Master Diver

Re: Drying unused molecular sieve

Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:30 am

Thanks Tom!

I hope all is well in my home state.

Robert
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Return to “Compressor Talk”