couv
Master Diver

A special Thanksgiving message.

Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:13 am

Here is a special thank you to all who have helped me recently with my compressor and filtration system. Especially (in no particular order) Captain, Surf Lung, and Antique Diver.

Bill was kind enough to send me (another) moisture indicating strip so I can monitor the status of the MS.

Below are pictures of the strip before installing into the MS cartridge (almost gray.) Then after (blue.) The effect was almost immediate.
moisture indicator strip before.jpg
moisture indicator strip after.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Re: A special Thanksgiving message.

Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:46 am

works good

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:30 am

Looks good Couv. I'm interested in how you got the cartridge apart so nice and neat-like. The top looked threaded but glued to me. Does it just unscrew?
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

couv
Master Diver

Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:47 pm

SurfLung wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:30 am
Looks good Couv. I'm interested in how you got the cartridge apart so nice and neat-like. The top looked threaded but glued to me. Does it just unscrew?
No luck unscrewing mine either so I used a tubing cutter to cut the cartridge near the bottom. After removing the AC & MS that came with the cartridge I packed it with indicator strip and 13x and reinstalled the pad in the slightly shorter cartridge. Then I found a spring small enough to fit into the bottom piece to keep pressure on the lower pad.

Doing it over again I would have cut the cartridge a little lower than I did.
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Return to “Compressor Talk”