ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Direct vs Belt Drive

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:23 pm

Wow Eben, that is very cool! Even the CEO's of big companies have time for nostalgia. Reminds me of the time I wrote JYC when I was about 8 and said I wanted to go on one of his diving adventures. He wrote me a very nice handwritten letter back and said he was making me an honorary member of the Calypso crew!
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

couv
Master Diver

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:54 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:
..... Reminds me of the time I wrote JYC when I was about 8 and said I wanted to go on one of his diving adventures. He wrote me a very nice handwritten letter back and said he was making me an honorary member of the Calypso crew!
So how old was he then, 10? :-D
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:01 pm

couv wrote:
ScubaLawyer wrote:
..... Reminds me of the time I wrote JYC when I was about 8 and said I wanted to go on one of his diving adventures. He wrote me a very nice handwritten letter back and said he was making me an honorary member of the Calypso crew!

That's a great story and a priceless document, Mark! The contacts you have made in the diving industry continue to amaze me. :D

(But Couv's reply has greatly amused me :lol: :lol: )
The older I get the better I was.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:08 pm

couv wrote:
ScubaLawyer wrote:
downloadfile.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Return to “Compressor Talk”