Vintagediver
Master Diver

On/Off Toggle Switch For Cornelius 130R1500

Thu May 28, 2020 2:05 pm

Looking for an on/off switch for my Cornelius 130R1500 Compressor if anyone has one to sell. I was filling tanks last evening and when I went to shut off my compressor it just kept running. So the procedure now is plug in / plug out until I get a new switch. :roll: I checked the manual that I downloaded from VDH when I got this compressor and don't see any part number or much else for that matter. All I can find in the manual is that it is a 2 pole on/off toggle switch. In the interest of keeping an original switch in this compressor I would like to buy one if anyone has an extra for sale. If not; any suggestions. If all else fails then it's a trip to the hardware store. :D
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

captain
Plank Owner

Re: On/Off Toggle Switch For Cornelius 130R1500

Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 am

I would look through a catalog of switched like this and see if any resembles what you have.

https://www.allelectronics.com/category ... gle/1.html
Captain

captain
Plank Owner

Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 am

I would look through a catalog of switched like this and see if any resembles what you have.

https://www.allelectronics.com/category ... gle/1.html
Captain

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Fri May 29, 2020 10:40 am

Thanks for the info Tom; much appreciated. I haven't taken the switch out of my compressor yet but when I do I will compare it to what they have on the website you sent me and take it from there.
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Sat May 30, 2020 8:23 pm

Well after looking through the catalog link that Tom sent me and some searching on the net I reached the conclusion that I would probably not find another toggle switch to install in this compressor that would mount to the compressor the same way as the original with the 2 mounting screws. That being the case I decided to make a trip to my local True Value Hardware and see what I could find there. I found a Gardner Bender model GSW-14, 20 amp switch that would do the job and it did have 4 screw mount terminals just like the original switch. The only difference was how it was installed in the compressor. Instead of using the 2 mounting screws like the original I just slid the post through the hole in the compressor base and then secured it with the circular nut. Overall it was a pretty easy procedure; all I had to do was drain the oil from the compressor so I could tip it up, remove the bottom cover, remove the old switch and then install the new one. I then reassembled, put the oil back in and fired her up - works just fine. Thanks again for the info Tom!

NAVED Member #137

Return to “Compressor Talk”