Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
wcleeuwenburg
Skin Diver
First Name: Charles

NEMROD SEAMLESS

Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Anybody out there familiar with these type hose clamps on this Nemrod Seamless? Clamps on both the mouthpiece and can appear to be molded over with rubber. Anyway to disassemble without cutting the rubber away to access the clamps? I'm trying to salvage as much of the original regulator as possible during disassembly.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chaz Leeuwenburg
NAVED # 216
Morehead City / Wrightsville Beach, NC

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: NEMROD SEAMLESS

Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:05 pm

From my limited experience......When they were new, they were much more flexible and simply stretched over the clamps once you had them in place.
Yours have become hard and inflexible so removing them without tears or splits may be tough....Good Luck
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Greg Barlow
VDH Moderator
First Name: Greg

Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:57 pm

Try running hot tap water over them for a few minutes. That will likely make them more pliable for a short period of time. Or, using medium heat from a hair dryer.

Greg Barlow
Greg Barlow
PADI Assistant Instructor
TDI Adv. EAN
TDI Decompression Procedures
IANTD Full Cave
NSS/CDS Full Cave

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:12 am

wcleeuwenburg wrote:Anybody out there familiar with these type hose clamps on this Nemrod Seamless? Clamps on both the mouthpiece and can appear to be molded over with rubber. Anyway to disassemble without cutting the rubber away to access the clamps? I'm trying to salvage as much of the original regulator as possible during disassembly.

Thanks!

Hey WC,

Practically all Snarks had these "hose clamp covers" on them. My Snark has them and I was lucky that mine were still very flexible. Depending on how "hard" they've become I would attempt to massage some silicon lube into the rubber to get them a bit more pliable AFTER a lite washing with warm soapy water and an old toothbrush to loosen up any imbedded dirt and particles. If they are pliable, just gently pull them up and move them to the side of the clamp screw to access your clamp. Basically they are just pretty design dedicated rubber bands. Rob at" the scuba museum" might have some newer ones.
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”