Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Vintage Scuba Advertising

Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:12 am

The PDF is nicely done and I hope you have time to do more of them. As time passes and even fewer actual examples of the gear are around detailed and accurate information are the second best thing. Thanks for what you do DRW and I appreciate you posting it here.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Britmarine
VDH Moderator
First Name: David

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:37 pm

Bryan wrote:The PDF is nicely done and I hope you have time to do more of them. As time passes and even fewer actual examples of the gear are around detailed and accurate information are the second best thing. Thanks for what you do DRW and I appreciate you posting it here.
Thanks, Bryan, for the positive response. I mentioned having created similar PDFs for Featherwate and Shark Brand and here are the respective URLs:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw7z_4 ... lQNWc/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw7z_4 ... RST28/view
The three PDFs are in a folder named "Reconstructions" with the web address https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... GZnVGNvZDg, so you can keep a lookout for further contributions.

Feel free as well to explore what else I have in the way of files on my Underwater Swimming Google Drive, which has the URL https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... kFiN1E2aWs. There are further folders with diving catalogues, guides and magazines, mostly scans of items I have a print copy of.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:18 pm

David, if you would consider it?.....I can make a folder on the VDH Manuals and Catalogs cloud server for your information and I can update it as you get more information to share.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Britmarine
VDH Moderator

Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:27 pm

Bryan wrote:David, if you would consider it?.....I can make a folder on the VDH Manuals and Catalogs cloud server for your information and I can update it as you get more information to share.
Thank you, Bryan. I am delighted to accept your offer. :D

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:12 pm

Britmarine wrote:
Bryan wrote:David, if you would consider it?.....I can make a folder on the VDH Manuals and Catalogs cloud server for your information and I can update it as you get more information to share.
Thank you, Bryan. I am delighted to accept your offer. :D
Sent you an E-mail and we will get started as soon as you are ready. Looking forward to adding all your research to the database for others to enjoy :D

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:41 am

You can see Davids project here. I'll add more files as he sends them my way.

https://backup.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.a ... 5f70ab73a2

hirolazuli
Diver
First Name: Miguel

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:51 pm

I love that Tiparillo ad with the pin-up model. :lol:

mrepi2000
Diver
First Name: LB

Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:50 pm

This is on the back of "The How-To Book of Skin and Scuba Diving," by John E. Crayford, published 1964. It was my first book about diving.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mrepi2000
Diver
First Name: LB

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:14 pm

Another cool ad from "The How-To Book of Skin and Scuba Diving," by John E. Crayford, published 1964.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Britmarine
VDH Moderator

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Love the superlatives! By the way, there's a whole page of vintage ads for Richards Aqualung Center at http://www.skindivinghistory.com/mfg_re ... index.html, e.g.
Is Richards still in business? I recall passing the store last time I was in New York, which was during the 1990s.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:51 pm

Britmarine wrote:Love the superlatives! By the way, there's a whole page of vintage ads for Richards Aqualung Center at http://www.skindivinghistory.com/mfg_re ... index.html, e.g.
Is Richards still in business? I recall passing the store last time I was in New York, which was during the 1990s.

Under the "Coming Soon" section its says: "Triple Stage Regulators."

Not familiar with such a creation? Were any ever made?
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:27 pm

I believe the Triple Stage was/is the Snark III... They often refer to the overpressure valve as the 3rd stage,
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:41 pm

SurfLung wrote:I believe the Triple Stage was/is the Snark III... They often refer to the overpressure valve as the 3rd stage,
This is what I remember reading but I've never seen any Nemrod info explaining it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:12 am

"3 Stage" on the Label...
NEMRODblueLABELlabel[1].jpg
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Cool graphiics on the :"Blue Floating<"fin box of 1958. Man, 60 years ago!, and check out the grease pencil price! A good inflation indicator!
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”