Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
jiguad
Master Diver
First Name: Puff

Re: My own collection by Jiguad

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:19 am

Hello there,
I'm still looking for the good paint to use on my twin tanks. I've read this interesting thread posted by SurfLung about Galvilite 95% Zinc Paint and I will probably used the same process for my set: http://www.vintagedoublehose.com/forum/ ... 0&start=15

I will add the light grey with the military specification if I found the good formula on day...

And I've finally found my manifold - thanks Rob for the kind business - and wonder myself if I will restored it or not. To be restored, both tanks set and manifold have to be sand blasted. I'm on the way to find someone to make the job for me as I'm not an expert and not equipped with such machine. What I'm looking for now is the best black paint to be used on my manifold if I decide to restore it or not.

If someone have any idea of which type of paint I could used, it will be very appreciated.
Cheers
Jiguad aka Puff

jiguad
Master Diver

Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:38 am

I've just finish my project! After asking to a company here in France to find me the original color of the bottle who appeared at some used parts of the tanks, they made me this pretty good mix and I'm rather satisfied of the finish. I've let the manifold with its original paint and probably never touch it. Let me know what you think about:
Cheers
Jiguad aka Puff

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:10 pm

That is a nice setup my friend. I would dive that rig in a second. Congratulations to you! It looks perfect.
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:22 pm

Looks like you are ready to slap a mine onto an enemy hull. Nice rig!
The older I get the better I was.

jiguad
Master Diver

Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:01 am

Thanks! I will probably never dive this set, but I wish to have one quite similar and usable this year... but not for glued limpet mines! :lol:
Cheers
Jiguad aka Puff

adairrj
Master Diver
First Name: Adair

Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Very nice set! Congrats!!
*******Adair*******

jiguad
Master Diver

Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:29 am

Thanks Adair! :wink:
Cheers
Jiguad aka Puff

jiguad
Master Diver

Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:46 am

Hello everybody, long time I haven't post here... This is two of my latest acquisition:

US DIVERS Aqua-Lung EZ-Pack
ImageImage

I've dive this one past May and it is very comfortable!

Parkway wetsuit - circa 1969?
I'm still looking for Parkway catalogs on the Internet but nothing found yet. If someone could tell me... The suit is near mint except for few zip's marks due to the storage... I've the pants in same condition and storage box unfortunately in bad condition.

I've seen several logotypes for Parkway trade mark. The most common is the one with the shark. But I wonder myself why on this wetsuit, the logotype is different?
Cheers
Jiguad aka Puff

crimediver
Master Diver

Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:42 am

All the Parkways I have had used that logo. I have not seen the one with a shark on it that I can recall.

Britmarine
VDH Moderator
First Name: David

Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:16 am

Is this the Parkway Fabricators shark logo?
From an interesting wetsuit retrospective at http://www.monmouthrubber.com/2014/10/i ... america-2/

jiguad
Master Diver

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:04 am

Thanks for your answers. Each photographies of Parkway suit I know showed the logo with the Shark, the same that Britmarine have shared. I've never seen this logo without shark on picture. That's why I wonder myself if this logo was particular to this suit or to year of manufacturing. I will check your link, Brit. Thanks! :wink:
Cheers
Jiguad aka Puff

jiguad
Master Diver

Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:54 am

My new toy:
DAAM West Pico Boulevard 1958 first months of production with straight mouthpiece, Tinnerman clamps, no serial number and no Hookah Port. I've wait patiently few years before to find one in really good shape and with all its original parts... It just need a good cleaning and maybe a restoration??? I've to think about that... :roll:
Cheers
Jiguad aka Puff

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:22 am

jiguad wrote:Thanks for your answers. Each photographies of Parkway suit I know showed the logo with the Shark, the same that Britmarine have shared. I've never seen this logo without shark on picture. That's why I wonder myself if this logo was particular to this suit or to year of manufacturing. I will check your link, Brit. Thanks! :wink:

Hmmmm. . .

Excellent suit supposedly used twice in fresh water by seller's father. I think I believe him. All the other gear in this sale was mint or in boxes. Date was early 1960s??

Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

jiguad
Master Diver

Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:41 pm

Nice one! I think you could trust the seller. Early logotype indeed. It still this one on my box's suit.
Cheers
Jiguad aka Puff

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:36 am

jiguad wrote:My new toy:
DAAM West Pico Boulevard 1958 first months of production with straight mouthpiece, Tinnerman clamps, no serial number and no Hookah Port. I've wait patiently few years before to find one in really good shape and with all its original parts... It just need a good cleaning and maybe a restoration??? I've to think about that... :roll:
Hey Puff,

Nice West Pico. I know that many like the Broxtons, Warners and Dehlis, but I tend to gobble up West Picos mainly because I feel that they were better done with regards to chroming and they are at that historical transition zone from the mid to late 1950s to early 1960s. To wit; the height of the golden age of skin diving. You have a really nice collection by the way.

Keep on Diving,

Russ
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”