Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Yoke Question

Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:56 pm

I just took on a bunch of double hose items from the Canadian Navy and one of the pieces is what appears to be a brand new long USD yoke. But instead of being held down by a nut like on a Mistral or held down by the nozzle on the DA type, the yoke itself is threaded? The threads are the same size as the body on a Mistral but I have never seen a USD yoke like it.....Anyone have any ideas ?
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:00 pm

Hi Bryan

The yoke in some of the Conshelf are threaded, but also the yoke in the old US Divers pressure gauge was threaded. I have an old pressure gauge and the yoke is very similar. In this one it actually looks more like the short yoke with threads, but that may be because it is one of the earlier ones.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:24 pm

You are 100% correct Luis! I completely forgot about the Conshelf and the pressure gauge. Now that I dig further into the pile of stuff I got I see that there are some NOS conshelf exhaust diaphragms in it as well. The majority of the stuff was all double hose so I was not thinking about that stuff.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:34 pm

Neat Bryan....What other Canadian Military stuff did u get? Will the stuff be avail for sale???? We need to know.

R

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:33 am

1969ivan1 wrote:Neat Bryan....What other Canadian Military stuff did u get? Will the stuff be avail for sale???? We need to know.

R
Bryan,

Please do tell. Just like Rob said, "We need to know." :)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:35 am

Well I got a lot of junk and a lot of treasure as you can see by some of the new items I have posted for sale on the main web site. I got some really cool NOS millitary main diaphragms still in plastic with OD green tape protecting the levers. I got quite a few top and bottom cans. Nothing in really good shape but some are stamped RCN. I'll keep posting stuff for sale as I get it cleaned up and photos done.

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:36 pm

Wow! I guess u could build a RCN regualtor out of the stuff u got then? That would be kind of neat.

BROXTON CHUCK

Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:55 am

Hi Bryan: I have had several of the old usd tank pressure guages, but NONE with a long yoke like that. They were threaded, but in RAW BRASS! I would lean toward the conshelf, the laterones were threaded, BUT look at the wingnut! Thats an early one. You got a real mystery there!!! :? :?

captain
Plank Owner

Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:37 pm

I have a rew brass threaded long yoke tht is part of the filler attachment on my compressor.
Captain

treasureman
Master Diver

Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:29 pm

Great find bryan. here is what you do now.

You take all the canadian parts, put together a complete and serviceable Royal canadian Navy reg, Mk 1 version , then contact our ministry of heritage in Ottawa and sell it back to the Royal canadian navy as a fully restored and histotic piece of militaria. I would wager that our government would pay a princely sum for it.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:59 pm

I'll keep that in mind.....I think it's best just to leave them in parts. Bad part about it was there were no DA HP seats in the batch......

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”