Forgot It Was There...
- I had a chance to try out my DIVAIR in the public pool yesterday (They finally opened back up from the 'rona shutdown). Rich and I were over there checking out our Cozumel Trip rigs... I'll be diving a Kraken and he'll be with a Phoenix... So we finished up our check out and I re-set up with a single 38 and my DIVAIR for some minimalist Vintage Double Hose diving.
- First impression was that it breathes just fine. But I was also checking out my yellow AMF Swimaster mask after installing a foam neoprene nose pad and new strap. And the mask seemed to have a very small leak. So, I was thinking about the mask leak, clearing it now and then and wondering if it was a hair in the seal or something else. So after awhile, swimming around quite a bit, I remembered I was breathing with the DIVAIR... And it was working just great! It was breathing so easily I forgot all about it.
- Checking out the exhaust... Remember the exhaust doesn't have a dockbill or mushroom valve. There's one in the mouthpiece is all. Anyway, I dove for about 15-20 minutes and the whole time my mouthpice was nice and dry. So, the DIVAIR exhaust system works fine.
- Checking out the reserve valve... I didn't breathe down far enough to NEED the reserve. But I was able to check out my ability to reach back behind my head and move the lever on and off reserve. That seemed to work better than I expected , too.
- All in all the first dive with my DIVAIR was just about perfect.