Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

That thing that you stick into the mouthpiece

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Luis gave me one of those early mouthpiece plugs like years ago and I looped it to a D-ring. On surface swims or when bobbing on the surface awaiting a pick up I would just insert the plug into the mouthpiece and thus essentially clipping my mouthpiece (and hoses) to my harness D ring and of course thus preventing the constant sputtering and hissing.

But, I am wondering, do some of you guys just put a string on the plug and then tie it around the hose at the convolution nearest the mouthpiece? And if so does it dangling about get in the way during the dive?

Just wondering what to (best) do with these mouthpiece things. Most perplexing.

Nem

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Re: That thing that you stick into the mouthpiece

Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:40 pm

Oh, yeah, I forgot, then he called me up like two years later wanting it back so he could compare it to a new mold or something like that :roll: .

Like, dude, I use that thing all the time and like no way are you getting that thing back :lol:

Nem

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Re: That thing that you stick into the mouthpiece

Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:12 pm

Dude, I hope you have one of the newer ones from Bryan. :roll:
:lol:
http://vintagedoublehose.com/index.php? ... d=14324542

From those early prototypes, we have refined them and the new ones fit a lot better.

I still have one of those early prototypes and some that a buddy of mine molded in soft silicone. It is interesting to see the evolution.

I just have it tied to a shoulder D-ring. It basically parks the mouthpiece in place. When I need it, I just pull and it comes off. It is so simple and it works great.

Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”