luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Re: New Argonaut Kraken Owners Post

Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:01 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:43 pm
I took my trusty Kraken out for a 75 minute dive off the beach this morning here in Laguna. Water is warm and vis was 25'+. Wish I had my GoPro with me as 4 dolphins played with me and thought it great fun to stick their snouts through the hose loop and pull my mouthpiece out of my mouth. That lasted about 10 min then they grew bored and swam off. Little s**t heads.

Kraken kicken back after my dive.

What do you call warm water... Are we talking mid 70'sF or 80'sF ? :shock:

OK, I am jealous about the dolphin interaction even if they were messing with you. That sounds like the harassment training we used to do in the old days. I always knew there was a purpose for it. :)
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:03 am

luis wrote:
What do you call warm water... Are we talking mid 70's or 80's? :shock:
69 to 70 F. It's usually high 50's, low 60's.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Drado
Master Diver
First Name: Eduardo

Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:43 am

luis wrote:

I dunno about you guys, but anything below 82 degrees Fahrenheit is "cold" water for me. :P

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:07 am

Drado wrote:
luis wrote:

I dunno about you guys, but anything below 82 degrees Fahrenheit is "cold" water for me. :P
No argument here. That is why when I saw Mark talking about warm water in California, I just thought what :shock: ... only in the movies... you know Hollywood.

I guess it is all relative.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:18 am

luis wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:07 am
Drado wrote:
luis wrote:

No argument here. That is why when I saw Mark talking about warm water in California, I just thought what :shock: ... only in the movies... you know Hollywood.

I guess it is all relative.
You guys are wussies. In a 5mm farmer john/jacket I can do five dives a day in 69 F water and not feel the slightest chill. Of course I have a wee bit o'natural insulation too. :) Now where did that fifth donut go....
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:17 am

Took my Kraken to Clear Lake again. This time got video and talked Ron into coming. Ron made the unfortunate mistake of leaving his thermals unzipped too far. after and hour in 39 degree water, it was made reference that he could fit into two ping pong balls. Let another diver use the Kraken on a dive, he too does not like bubbles on his ears. Not sure if he'll take the plunge, but he'd like to.

https://youtu.be/sf_MUHKswVs

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:39 am

tripplec wrote:
Took my Kraken to Clear Lake again.
Very cool! (Literally and figuratively). :)

Clear lake is definitely on my "to do" list.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:18 am

tripplec wrote:
Took my Kraken to Clear Lake again. This time got video and talked Ron into coming. Ron made the unfortunate mistake of leaving his thermals unzipped too far. after and hour in 39 degree water, it was made reference that he could fit into two ping pong balls. Let another diver use the Kraken on a dive, he too does not like bubbles on his ears. Not sure if he'll take the plunge, but he'd like to.

https://youtu.be/sf_MUHKswVs
Nice video. Looks like a great place to dive!

Chris
Master Diver

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:38 pm

Took my Kraken to the Hood Canal for some sea life sampling
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EberWolf
Lung Diver
First Name: James

Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:02 pm

My Kraken arrived in Bahrain today. Need a few more pieces and a backplate and I'll be ready to dive with it.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:25 pm

Out spearfishing with my 14-021 Kraken today. Had an hour's dive. Depth varied from 35 feet to 60 feet. Visibility about 30 ft. Water temperature 57 degrees. Saw lots of baby Lobster and itty bitty fishies. Nothing worth grabbing or shooting. Had fun anyway. As usual, my Kraken performed flawlessly!

Christian
First Name: Christian

Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:30 pm

Time for a leap of joy - my Argonaut Kraken arrived at my home. It was a hard time waiting for arrival, especially the last two weeks. The tracer always said: parcel had arrived in Austria, but is at the customsclearance.... The trial in my "home-lake" will be very soon!

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:10 pm

Christian wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:30 pm
Time for a leap of joy - my Argonaut Kraken arrived at my home. It was a hard time waiting for arrival, especially the last two weeks. The tracer always said: parcel had arrived in Austria, but is at the customsclearance.... The trial in my "home-lake" will be very soon!
Congratulations on your aquisition and welcome! Time to put a new pin in the Argonaut Kraken World Domination Map!

Chris
Master Diver

Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:28 pm

Love the domination map. Cool to be the first in Oregon, but sad Im the only one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Formerly tripplec. Decided to use my real name since you guys aren't a bunch of flaky internet trolls.

seakrakken
Master Diver

Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:00 pm

Proud Parent of a Re-Homed Argonaut Kraken AK16-001.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”