Benjamin
First Name: Benjamin

Re: New Argonaut Kraken Owners Post

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:43 pm

Got my Kraken limited edition .... Sweet piece of work . Will be getting the backplate and highland rig next . Will be installing a rubber edge ptotector too ...... Thanks Bryan and Luis !!!

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:12 am

Kraken SE AKV-011 soon to report for duty in 2018:

Nem

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:04 am

Special Edition Argonaut "Kraken" ser. # AKV-003 at Coco View Resort, Roatan Island, Honduras 5, Dec. 2017!
Great reg and easy breathing at 140 psi IP!
2018 Argonaut Kraken Speacial Edition on Cocoview Wall, Roatan, Honduras 5 Dec. 2017.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:17 pm

Beautiful dive off So. Cal. Coast today. Kraken and DSV performed flawlessly.
2-04-18 NewportCoast.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

fishnbeer
Skin Diver
First Name: Jerry

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Very nice Mark!
I'm jealous of the conditions there. BTW I'm planning on coming down there next month or early April. Maybe we could hook up for some nice diving then.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:03 pm

fishnbeer wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:57 pm
Very nice Mark!
I'm jealous of the conditions there. BTW I'm planning on coming down e next month or early April. We could hook up for some nice diving then.
Always up for a dive. These days family and work obligations keep me busy but let me know your schedule and we will see what we can do.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

DerekRalston
Skin Diver
First Name: Derek

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:14 pm

The 2018 model arrived today. The first surprise was how light it is, compared to my Phoenix models. Not brass and chrome, but sexy in a very futuristic sort of way. Perfect for travel. I'll never part with my '59, but I think this one has me wondering why I need to hang onto my '60 Phoenix.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:59 pm

DerekRalston wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:14 pm
The 2018 model arrived today. The first surprise was how light it is, compared to my Phoenix models. Not brass and chrome, but sexy in a very futuristic sort of way. Perfect for travel. I'll never part with my '59, but I think this one has me wondering why I need to hang onto my '60 Phoenix.
Congrats on your new acquisition. I have a '73 round label Phoenix AM and a '64ish Voit Navy Phoenix in addition to my Kraken. I still enjoy diving them all. :D

DerekRalston
Skin Diver
First Name: Derek

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:16 am

Having 2 DAAM Phoenix HPR's with dates within months of each other is no longer necessary, thanks to the Kraken. I'm much more of a user than a collector.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Fri May 04, 2018 8:08 pm

I introduced my son to the old TV series Six Million Dollar Man the other day. He penned the following advertising jingle for the Kraken:

Double Hose Regulators, a concept once barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best double hose regulator for the 21st Century. The Argonaut Kraken is that regulator. Better than double hose regulators were before. Better, stronger, faster. :D

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sat May 05, 2018 12:05 pm

Very Nice! Right On!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bronze06
Master Diver

Sun May 27, 2018 2:20 pm

A few pics of my latest "Kraken" taken last weekend. I am using a Zeagle double strapper that works just great with my "up-armored" Kraken. I was also highly impressed with the Force Fin split fins which gave me as good if not better propulsion/air-time than my Apollos (which I love). The only thing that wasn't modern was the mask. I also tested out the DSV and used my freshly refurbished Scubapro D 350, which breathed great. The Kraken armor looks cool.
Argonaut Kraken at Haql Saudi Arabia 18 May 2018.jpg
Argonaut Kraken at Haql Saudi Arabia 18 May 2018 top view.jpg
-Argonaut Kraken at Haql Saudi Arabia 18 May 2018 DSV engaged and using SP D350.jpg

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

OregonDiver1
Lung Diver
First Name: Anthony

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:55 pm

Bronze06 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:20 pm
A few pics of my latest "Kraken" taken last weekend. I am using a Zeagle double strapper that works just great with my "up-armored" Kraken. I was also highly impressed with the Force Fin split fins which gave me as good if not better propulsion/air-time than my Apollos (which I love). The only thing that wasn't modern was the mask. I also tested out the DSV and used my freshly refurbished Scubapro D 350, which breathed great. The Kraken armor looks cool.

Argonaut Kraken at Haql Saudi Arabia 18 May 2018.jpg

Argonaut Kraken at Haql Saudi Arabia 18 May 2018 top view.jpg

-Argonaut Kraken at Haql Saudi Arabia 18 May 2018 DSV engaged and using SP D350.jpg
That looks awesome man. A Kraken is definitely on my list after I get my Phoenix built. Sad it took me over 5yrs to complete that project though.

Bronze06
Master Diver

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:55 am

OregonDiver1

It is the only way the fly my friend! :D

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

rhwestfall
Master Diver