Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Argonaut News and Update

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:08 pm

A little rain and surge here in Maine could not keep my from trying my new Argonaut Kraken. I really like it. You guys did a great job! Thanks for everything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Robohips77
Master Diver

Re: New Argonaut Kraken Owners Post

Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:40 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Speechless . Yes me speechless. Two dives in a local quarry. Hooked up my cyclone Poseidon. Could not get it to be starved for air with cyclone free flowing. Nice job to all that made it possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Re: Argonaut News and Update

Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:23 am

Video clip shared by new Argonaut Kraken owner Charles......He was so excited to dive his new regulator he forgot to secure all his auxiliary devices :D I really appreciate him taking time to make and share the clip with us.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Az9M7HTJPA[/video]
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:36 pm

I got DD-3 into Lake Michigan today on the SS Niagara. It performed just great. Depth 54 max, 41 degree's at the bottom. I spent 36 minutes looking at the Niagara's debris trail. After years of diving this wreck we found new parts that we haven't seen before! Great dive with a great reg!

Jim

PS I really like the knurled hose clamps. Getting the hoses off to dry them out was really easy!

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:20 am

This morning I showed up to the Y for my mile swim and brought along my gear and Kraken since I knew the local SCUBA shop would be in the pool. So, I briefly got it wet before having to turn my attention to my real task. It will be several weeks before I can get back to Table Rock (or any other place of worth), maybe the Kimberling Bridge again, though, there was a fatality there just while I was in Florida. The Corp closing the dam access (and relatively easy/safe) shore area to SCUBA has forced the locals to dive some of TRs more dangerous (and it is) dives.

But anyways, the Kraken did get some attention, if only mostly mine, I like it but then I knew that already after diving the Kraken in Cozumel last fall. The exhaust effort is so low it is ridiculous. Hmm, I just realized, the hoses I knew were a good match for Atomic red, but dang if they are not Tekna red also. Maybe I should run a T2100B for a safe second.

Nem

BigMike
Master Diver
First Name: Mike

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:53 pm

While I was at work today I received the e-mail from Fedex telling me that my Kracken had been delivered today :D . I hauled butt home and it was sitting on the kitchen table when I walked in. I felt like a 10 year old again getting the Revell model that I had saved up for and now not only had it, but get to assemble it! You younger guys may not appreciate the reference but I know some of you will smile. My wife doesn't get it but that's OK. She can get excited about something called an "egg-butt snaffle" (it's a thing that goes into a horses mouth) so I understand we both have our passions. I'm looking forward to pool testing it this week and using it next week at Sand Dog (that's right, next week :D ). It looks great in everyone's pictures but even better when you get to hold it. Thank you again to Bryan, Luis, Herman and everyone else who had a part in making this idea come to life! Mike
You are never too old to start a new hobby.

2THDIVR
Master Diver
First Name: Scott

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:39 pm

Bryan,
Kraken 14-014 is home.
A beautiful piece of work, almost don't want to get it wet.
Will probably be Sunday before it hits the water.(Working Sucks)
Thanks to all.
00603.jpg
Thanks
Scott

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:59 pm

I need to visit your way when it cools off a bit...Snap a few pictures on Sunday and share if you can. Thank you

BigMike
Master Diver
First Name: Mike

Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:55 am

rsz_20140710_092620.jpg
Number 22 reporting for duty!
You are never too old to start a new hobby.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:21 am

:D :D

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:35 am

Number 021 is happily at home in Laguna Beach, California. Yes, the license plate is mine. I've had it since the mid-1980's. Yes, there is a story behind it. No, I'm not going to tell it now. That requires someone buying me at least one beer. More pics will be posted when the seas around here calm down and I can get my boat out. Mark. :D
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:50 am

Looks great...thank you

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:54 am

Another Kraken has made it to Alaska - this one lives in Juneau.
Brady Kraken.jpg
DD-10 went to work last night to recover a set a car keys from Eliason Harbor:

I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Great picture Dave!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:56 pm

Thank You Sir.

Also, DN-001 is safely in the roost.

I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”