Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Argonaut News and Update

Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:16 pm

No chance of metal cans....No chance of DIN. The Argonaut may evolve over time but it's darn near perfect right now if I do say so myself. :D
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:06 pm

The exhaust on the Kraken is a thing of beauty and I'm not sure it could really be replicated in a metal can. It would cost a kings ransom to do so. The Mentor was close, but that of course was only available to the military. Nuf said! :lol:

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:42 am

Final first year Argonauts will go on sale in the website store tomorrow morning. See the store for new details and options. :D
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:26 am

Argonaut Krakens in need of new homes are in the website store now! Please visit and get the adoption process started :)

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:37 pm

Thank you to Steve Taylor for the article he wrote on the Argonaut Kraken for the HSD Australia/Pacific edition of Classic Diver.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:59 pm

Bryan wrote:Thank you to Steve Taylor for the article he wrote on the Argonaut Kraken for the HSD Australia/Pacific edition of Classic Diver.

So who's going to scan and post the Article? Love to read it!
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:18 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote: So who's going to scan and post the Article? Love to read it!
I don't have permission from them or I would.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Argonaut Kraken regulators ready for assembly! Delivery will start end of next week to divers who have already ordered.
Still a few available. See the website store for details or to order.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:23 am

I was lucky enough to buy my second Kraken while in Florida. Now I can save the prototype that I have been diving(on display in the scuba museum. It is a very rare regulator and in naked brass. Even giving that it has been trucking along without a problem all the way to 155 feet while in Cozumel. The Kraken project has been a very exciting project with a mind boggling amount of detailed hard work buy Bryan, Luis and others. I am very glad that they are selling so fast. I just wish that Bryan could make them fast enough for the demand. The price is outstanding as well. Where else can a person buy a boutique top of the line regulator for under 700 dollars? The answer is, no place.

BigMike
Master Diver
First Name: Mike

Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:20 pm

You are right Rob! I asked Bryan why he was selling them so cheap because I know that they would sell just as well at a higher price. He is selling them as a great value and wants to get them into the market and would worry about them being profitable later. It may seem crazy but I think it's brilliant!
You are never too old to start a new hobby.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:53 am

Argonaut Update: Plating company says the 1st batch for 2015 will be ready to ship on Friday. Once I have confirmation of that I'll make them available for sale in the website store again. Sorry but no word on DIN adaptors at this time...Hopefully soon! Thank you

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:43 pm

If I am correct, you now have a larger yoke frame being produced. Is there an intent to make it available for stand alone purchase for those of us with the first generation yoke?
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:03 pm

rhwestfall wrote:If I am correct, you now have a larger yoke frame being produced.
The yokes are from the original order and are being updated by a qualified machinist, no new yokes have been produced. Is there an intent to make it available for stand alone purchase for those of us with the first generation yoke? If you would like to send me your original yoke I will get it updated and then nickel plated again with the next series of Argonaut bodies that will be plated in a couple of months.
When I have completely exhausted the supply of original yokes on hand and need to order again the shop will produce the updated version.

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:02 pm

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:15 pm

First 25 Argonaut Kraken regulators of 2015 will have their demand levers ceramic coated in Kraken Red 8) 8) Not available separately.

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”