Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Phoenix nozzles SOLD OUT

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:33 am

1/11/2012--Phoenix nozzles are sold out. I am discussing any changes/modifications with Luis and will be soliciting a quote from the manufacturer this week. I would look to have them back in the store and ready for shipment sometime in March.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

MK15diver
Vintage Diver

Re: Phoenix nozzles SOLD OUT

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:06 pm

For these to be sold out is good news. It just shows how popular they are becoming. May I ask how many nozzles have been sold to date? Such a great addition to and DH regulator.
Someone told me that diving a double hose reg will kill me. I had no idea these things were dangerous.

PJones
Diver
First Name: Patrick

Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:13 pm

I'm super excited for the new batch of nozzles to come in! Are you going to let us know when they are available on your facebook updates or should I keep checking in at the store on a regular basis?
"A lot of people attack the sea, I make love to it."
Jacques Yves Cousteau

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:27 pm

There is no secret place for announcements. I use all channels I have available to let VDH customers know when products are available.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue May 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Machine shop says they are shipping a few Phoenix nozzles to me on Thursday so please check the store next week. I will make them available for sale as soon as I do a QC check and see what yokes I have available to match with them.

EHowe
Master Diver
First Name: Edward

Fri May 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Bryan wrote: I am discussing any changes/modifications with Luis
Any changes/modifications in this batch? What kind of changes are you considering?

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri May 11, 2012 2:09 pm

EHowe wrote:
Bryan wrote: I am discussing any changes/modifications with Luis
Any changes/modifications in this batch? What kind of changes are you considering?
No changes were made. We have discussed a lot of things but changing the Phoenix has not really been one of them. Combined with the HPR it's about maxed out performance wise within the original regulator configuration. :D

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri May 11, 2012 4:50 pm

FYI....Update on Phoenix nozzles..... Aqua Lung back ordered knobs again for another 30 days. I figured this would happen because it has happened several times in the past. Figuring on this I purchased standard 5/8" knobs to take their place. Please click on the link below to see the new knob. If you already have a Conshelf knob you can swap it out when the Phoenix arrives. I'm tired of being held hostage by the supply chain of others....This will be the knob used on all future Phoenix nozzles.

Click to see pictures of the new knob

All drama aside I think there will be 12 for sale next week. :D :D

cheeko8080
Lung Diver
First Name: Clint

Fri May 11, 2012 5:39 pm

So does this mean you won't have any of the traditional style anymore? or just that the trident one will now replace the aqualung one?
WARNING: Double hose addiction imminent!

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri May 11, 2012 5:57 pm

cheeko8080 wrote:The trident one will replace the aqualung one?

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon May 14, 2012 8:43 am

I have 10 ready ship Phoenix nozzles that will go up for sale in the morning. I have quite a few more but as usual Aqua Lung is back ordering parts on me.
Luis and I have been working to get around this problem and make 100% of the parts for the Phoenix in house. BUT as I said in an earlier post I ended up returning the first independant production of volcano orifices due to tolerance issues......Making a long boring story shorter....After these 10 go I'll put some more in the store for sale with a note that delivery will be around May 31st. The nozzles themselves look amazing.....Just need the internals.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue May 15, 2012 9:43 am

8 spectacular Phoenix nozzles looking for a new home currently available in the VDH store. Thank you

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue May 15, 2012 9:41 pm

USD confirms delivery of some internal parts on the 29th so there will be more available for sale then. Thank you

kgehring
Master Diver

Wed May 16, 2012 6:36 am

I have some parts in stock. let me know what you need.

ps email is not working
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:55 pm

I received 10 more nozzle today but they failed to chrome the bore.. :evil: :evil: :evil: Dave is not doing the chrome so perfection is difficult to come by. Returning them on Monday and they should be back to me by the 18th. Since there is such a demand right now for nozzles and people are concerned about getting one I'm going to put 10 of them for sale in the store tomorrow. Shipping on or around the 18th.

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”