sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Pheonix Fun in Alaska

Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:18 pm

We had some friends we met on Northwest Dive Club come up and dive for a couple days. I decided it would be a great oppurutnity to let them try my DH, since they've head of me diving them on the Sea Life.

(Note: Not my Photo's, I think Keith took both of them.)

We were going to try for St. Lazaria Is., but the weather was coming up and it was already uncomfortable, so we dove the the Middle Is. wall and the North side of Kassianna.

Our first dive was to 147 feet, Keith took the photo on the way back up, some where in the 80 foot range.

Pheonix is working like a champ and I do like having the bubbles behind me.

Right now the waters still pretty warm (47), in another month or so the temps will get down to the upper 30's and our viz will get a lot better. I'll try to take some more photos then.

They have a thread going on NW Dive Club about their trip if anyone's interested:

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16820

Cheers,

Dave
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Re: Pheonix Fun in Alaska

Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:30 pm

sitkadiver wrote:
Right now the waters still pretty warm (47), in another month or so the temps will get down to the upper 30's and our viz will get a lot better. I'll try to take some more photos then.
Cheers,
Dave

Oh, that's Shorty weather...
:shock: but I'm not referring to the wetsuit.
The older I get the better I was.

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:12 pm

antique diver wrote:
sitkadiver wrote:
Cheers,
Dave

Oh, that's Shorty weather...
:shock: but I'm not referring to the wetsuit.

HA HA HA - In this situation I will benefit from the sites "don't ask, don't tell" policy
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

leicamshooter

Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:02 am

I lived in Anchorage for several years while going to school. Wish I would have taken up diving then. Can't wait to go back up and possibly join you guys.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:06 pm

It was 53 in Wesley Chapel last night and I had a fire lit and a sweatshirt on (still wearing shorts though :wink: ) Thinking of that water temp give me an instant ice cream headache......Good to see the Phoenix regulators diving like big dogs!
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”