Aileron
Master Diver
First Name: Lisa

PRAMs and Cattle Boats (this is not a Country Song)

Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:20 pm

Tomorrow morning, at the butt crack of dawn, I will be introducing Phoenix to cattle boat diving. Now, I happen to like this particular outfit, they are friendly, fun and know us well. But I have not told said dive op of my gear choice, rather I'm going to "ask forgiveness instead of permission" if there's a stink. I will have all the safety crap required for this particular dive, and Jet Air, sadly, will have to stay at home and watch the house while I'm out. I have promised Jet A. that we'll go out next weekend for a shore dip of about 2 hours. He's was OK with that. Voit FF was in pieces at the news, but someday, he hopes I can put him together and he can join in.

I'll report back when said dive is in the books......I can only hope the Scuba Police are busy tomorrow at the donut shop. :D

Lisa
The Kids: Royal Mistral, Voit Faux 50 Fathom, Jet Air, PRAM x 2, Snark III Silver, DA, Healthways, DA Non Mag
NAVED #205

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: PRAMs and Cattle Boats (this is not a Country Song)

Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:42 pm

Chrome won't get you home....Don't worry about the Jet Air....It's used to being in the shadows....When O-rings, computers, multiple stage regulators give up the ghost and it seems like you are done diving for the day....The Jet Air will be there to fill the void where others have failed....

"Ode to the single stage regulator"
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

DaleC
Master Diver
First Name: Dale

Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:47 am

Lisa, I'm digg'n what you're lay'n down but anthropromorphizing DH regulators is a whole new basket of clams. What kind of floor wax are they using in that museum of yours...
NAVED #203
#20 International Brotherhood for the Assistance of Stateless Persons

Drado
Master Diver
First Name: Eduardo

Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:34 am

Yeah, and you left out poor old little DAAM. What about him?

Dang... I need to find another reg for mine to play with.

Gilldiver
Master Diver

Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:24 pm

Most Aqua Lung Regs are bilingual and fully fluent in French and English.

My Mistral keeps imitating Jacques Cousteau and says “we once more descend into the mother ocean” as I do my back roll off the boat.
Double Hose Regulators, It not just a Hobby, it’s a Disease

DaleC
Master Diver
First Name: Dale

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:23 pm

Gilldiver wrote:Most Aqua Lung Regs are bilingual and fully fluent in French and English.

My Mistral keeps imitating Jacques Cousteau and says “we once more descend into the mother ocean” as I do my back roll off the boat.

Lucky dog, My DAAM just growls "Drop and give me 50, sailor".
NAVED #203
#20 International Brotherhood for the Assistance of Stateless Persons

Aileron
Master Diver

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Haha, you guys are awesome!

Yes, my regs have personalities of their own, and yes, it's a tad embarrassing. :oops: Although I can certainly imagine the Mistral having Jacques French accent! My reg family does play well together, but when it gets down to doing their job, they are the masters. My Single hosers are jealous though.

My dive went very well, no scuba police, but no pictures also. It's our first time off a boat in 6 months and since our motorcycle accident, and we were unsure how Bill's knee would hold up on a pitching boat. He left the camera in the bucket this time out. We went off Palm Beach, viz was about 30 ft (not great) temp was 78*, SE wind about 18 kts, which made things interesting when boarding. Lots of stuff to see, a Loggerhead the size of a Volkswagen Beetle (really!), morays, every fish in my fishy ID repertoire. Super nice! There were lots of questions about my reg, particularly from the DM, but most guys on the boat who wanted to know about it were asking my husband. Sigh. It's fine that they did that, but he really couldn't answer and he kept telling them to ask me, but alas, they just didn't get that it was MINE. And in the words of Gilldivers Mistral, "C'est la vie". PRAM performed excellent, but I knew he would. The DM is a great photog and he snapped a few pics of PRAM, but I probably won't see them.

Dale: I love clams steamed lightly in floor wax and garlic.....
Bryan: I'm thinking that "Ode to a Single Stage Regulator" should be embroidered on a doily somewhere in your house. I'll start working on that right away. :D

Lisa
The Kids: Royal Mistral, Voit Faux 50 Fathom, Jet Air, PRAM x 2, Snark III Silver, DA, Healthways, DA Non Mag
NAVED #205

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Aileron wrote: Bryan: I'm thinking that "Ode to a Single Stage Regulator" should be embroidered on a doily somewhere in your house. I'll start working on that right away. :D

Lisa
Glad to hear your diving went well :D Your water is getting up to a temp that is acceptable for diving!! Wish I had time to run over there.
If you put the Ode to a single stage regulator on beer coasters they would see more use than doily's around our house :wink:
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Aileron
Master Diver

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:10 pm

DaleC wrote:
Gilldiver wrote:Most Aqua Lung Regs are bilingual and fully fluent in French and English.

Dale: Does your DAAM mean, "Drop and give me 50 feet, sailor" or did it have a career in the Navy? Non-Mag perhaps? It could have been a UDT/SEAL in it's past life. We have a few in the museum, and they are quite bossy.
NAVED #205

Gilldiver
Master Diver

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:14 pm

The Non-Mag has nevedr been that polite and sometimes tells me things that can not be spoken im mixed company.

It sometimes sings

Up from a sub 60 feet below,
When we hit the surface, we'll be ready to go.
Side-stroke, back-stroke, swim to the shore,
When we hit the beach, we're ready for war.
Grease gun, KA-BAR by my side,
These are the tools that make men die.
DaleC wrote:

Double Hose Regulators, It not just a Hobby, it’s a Disease

Aileron
Master Diver

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Bryan wrote:
Aileron wrote: Bryan: I'm thinking that "Ode to a Single Stage Regulator" should be embroidered on a doily somewhere in your house. I'll start working on that right away. :D

Lisa
Glad to hear your diving went well :D Your water is getting up to a temp that is acceptable for diving!! Wish I had time to run over there.
If you put the Ode to a single stage regulator on beer coasters they would see more use than doily's around our house :wink:
I was talking to a nice gal on the boat today from Pensacola and she said water temps were in the 60s! Is that true? In the Gulf? Holy Ice Diving, Batman! You definitely need to make a trip over.... :D

Beer coasters? Better...way better!
NAVED #205

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”