Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Phoenix Evolution

Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Here is the next evolution of the Phoenix nozzle. They will now come with a vintage style thumbscrew. And you can tailor the look even further by using your original Aqua-Lung logo or tire style thumb screw in it's place. We thought it would give it a unique look that the Phoenix deserves.

I will also offer the Phoenix classic style with the Conshelf yoke and knob if you prefer. I have about 10 yokes and knobs left.

Great thing about it is you can always swap yokes or use a DIN fitting if you like!

I will have two of them with me at Portage Quarry this weekend if you want to take a closer look. In the store next week sometime.

Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Re: Phoenix Evolution

Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:00 pm

And the hits just keep on comming! :D Terry
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:11 pm

I will have a regulator with a Phoenix nozzle on it available for divers to try this weekend at Portage Quarry. You can check out 1st hand the amazing performance of the Phoenix designed by Luis Heros.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Greg Barlow
VDH Moderator
First Name: Greg

Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:41 pm

That yoke design is a thing of beauty...It has an Italian flair to it, and will look very nice on my Voit Navy. I, for one, will be placing my order as soon as they become available.

Greg Barlow
Greg Barlow
PADI Assistant Instructor
TDI Adv. EAN
TDI Decompression Procedures
IANTD Full Cave
NSS/CDS Full Cave

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:07 pm

Greg Barlow wrote:That yoke design is a thing of beauty...It has an Italian flair to it, and will look very nice on my Voit Navy. ...
Greg, I completely agree with your observation. It is indeed a thing of beauty! 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Robohips77
Master Diver

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:56 am

I reEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEaly want one!. I want one at Portage!!!!! Very nice indeed. thanks Greg for the idea about the Navy!!! I like the yoke design also. Be at Portage tonight about 10 or 11. Night dive anyone?
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:39 am

I like the new yoke 10x more than the first PRAM yokes. GREAT :? Now I need to retrofit my PRAMS.

Robohips77
Master Diver

Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:41 am

Robohips77 wrote:I reEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEaly want one!. I want one at Portage!!!!! Very nice indeed. thanks Greg for the idea about the Navy!!! I like the yoke design also. Be at Portage tonight about 10 or 11. Night dive anyone?
Well I bought one and its going on my restored Voit Navy this week. I am still in recouperation mode and working on my remaining regs while letting thistitanium heal up.
Bryan and Luis have once again put out 100 % into this project. Nothing short of outstanding. I am going to see if I can get an extra yoke screw and potentially see if I can get Voit inscribed on one side and Navy on the other side. I need to put a call into SIR Douche. 8)

Thanks again for great product....Can't wait to see what's around the corner.
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:59 pm

I've owned a DA Aquamaster since 1971 and even then the Double Hose suffered with a stigma of being old fashioned or obsolete. I knew nothing of the history. I just loved it and it breathed as good or better than any of the ugly new single hoses I had tried. I've learned more about regulators in the last couple of weeks than I ever knew in my whole life. And, seeing the continuing development and refinement in this field just blows me away. "Vintage" is the word we're using to describe double hose regulators. But I think with the Phoenix Royal Aqua Master re-build, these are newer and higher tech regulators than "Double Hose" has ever been. With the balanced two stage design and a larger second stage diaphragm positioned properly between the shoulder blades, these have to breath as well or better than any modern single hose. Am I right about this? It seems right anyway.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Pretty much. I have a lot of regs to choose from, modern to vintage but my reg of choice hands down is my PRAM....and it does not have the duckbill elimnator or new mushroom valves.....yet.
Herman

SurfLung
Master Diver

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:48 pm

I may have missed it elsewhere but is the Phoenix a replacement for the entire first stage? The reason I ask is that I'm wondering if it is compatible with a Mistral or with the Voit kit that builds off a Mistral.
SurfLung

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:07 pm

The Phoenix is a first stage replacement for the two stage regulators, specifically the: Aqua Master (and the Voit equivalent) and the Royal Aqua Master.

The single stage regulators (like the Mistral) can not use the Phoenix first stage.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:11 pm

It replaces the entire nozzle assembly (first stage) of 2 stage regulators like the DA Aquamaster, RAM and the Voit equlivants (my Voit model number knowledge is lacking :) ) Look at the reg parts breakdowns in the download section.
It will NOT work with any single stage reg like the Mistral.
Herman

SurfLung
Master Diver

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:03 pm

Thank you Herman and Luis.
SurfLung

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”