Two J-valve manifold?

Members only. Post Unique or Unusual items only.

Moderator: 1969ivan1

Forum rules
Do not post common items...If your 1st post as a new member is an E-bay link your post and your membership will be deleted....
If you have items to sell please offer them to the members of the forum in the regular buy sell trade section before going to E-bay. Thank you
ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Two J-valve manifold?

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:35 am

Was this a real item sold in this configuration or someone's idea of a Frankenstein manifold with redundant reserves (not sure how that would even work)? Mark.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122583829723

antique diver
Master Diver

Re: Two J-valve manifold?

Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:25 am

It didn't come from the factory that way, but it's a direct fit for someone to add another reserve elbow in place of the original.
Each cylinder would have a reserve instead of the usual manifold configuration where one 500 psi reserve (fairly normal pressure for reserves on doubles) would, when activated, equalize into the other cylinder. In this case, that wouldn't happen if reserve lever was up on the second cylinder, as air normally cannot pass into a cylinder when reserve is up (not activated). When the first cylinder was depleted, and the second reserve activated, the second cylinder would spill into the first to equalize the two if the first reserve was still down/activated.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:01 pm

Bill,

I love it when you talk all technical like that!

Makes sense. Thanks.

Mark

antique diver
Master Diver

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:52 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:Bill,

I love it when you talk all technical like that!

Makes sense. Thanks.

Mark

Ha, Francie says I go into too much detail. Here is her likely version:
"Someone added that extra lever thingy so both tanks would have one. The symmetry is nice. :) "

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:14 pm

Bill,

Francie and my wife would get along great. Mark

antique diver
Master Diver

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:22 pm

I really was just joking, and didn't give due credit to Francie for her actual knowledge of diving equipment. She has fifty years of diving under her weight belt this summer, and we spent 31 years in the business. She knows her stuff... just not as fascinated with it as I am. :)

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:58 am

antique diver wrote:I really was just joking, and didn't give due credit to Francie for her actual knowledge of diving equipment. She has fifty years of diving under her weight belt this summer, and we spent 31 years in the business. She knows her stuff... just not as fascinated with it as I am. :)

I knew that. I'm just laughing because no matter what I say or how great my intentions are my wife usually gives me "the look" and derives some hidden meaning I never thought of. Good thing I love her and our 20 year anniversary is next month so I better be on extra good behavior. Hi to Francie from me. All my best.

Return to E-bay and outside sales sites