Douchebag
Master Diver

Re: End of an era

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:17 pm

lexvil wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:34 am
I dive Monterey nearly every weekend, sometimes during the week if a buddy who still works can get the day off. The salmon sandwiches were really great but few regulars eat on the breakwater. I hear there is a place upstairs that has a divers special burger at a great price but I haven’t tried it.

Glen of glens Aquarius II sold out to breakwater scuba who usually has it open for fills on the weekend, Glen was a gruff angry guy, I found him entertaining most of the time but I also heard from a lot of people that they would rather carry their tanks to the other end of town rather than listen to his rants, I get it, life is to short to put up with angry people in recreational activities.

I missed out on the thanksgiving epic conditions to drive to Ventura and dive “just OK” conditions in the Channel Islands, should have stayed home.
Not sure what you consider regular, but I dove Monterey for 25+ years and I always saw "regulars" eat at the deli. Nobody ate at Massaro and Santos...the place upstairs you "heard" about; too expensive and fancy. We even dove a thanksgiving there and bbq'd up some game hens. To which the ARL quickly called the cops claiming we were not allowed an open fire in the parking lot and that we were stealing business away from her. But I guess I'm not a "regular" according to your stringent requirements. Good to know. I'll be sure to check in with your committee when I want to visit/dive my stomping grounds the next time around.

lexvil
Diver
First Name: lex

Re: End of an era

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:51 pm

Douchebag wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:17 pm
lexvil wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:34 am
I dive Monterey nearly every weekend, sometimes during the week if a buddy who still works can get the day off. The salmon sandwiches were really great but few regulars eat on the breakwater. I hear there is a place upstairs that has a divers special burger at a great price but I haven’t tried it.

Glen of glens Aquarius II sold out to breakwater scuba who usually has it open for fills on the weekend, Glen was a gruff angry guy, I found him entertaining most of the time but I also heard from a lot of people that they would rather carry their tanks to the other end of town rather than listen to his rants, I get it, life is to short to put up with angry people in recreational activities.

I missed out on the thanksgiving epic conditions to drive to Ventura and dive “just OK” conditions in the Channel Islands, should have stayed home.
Not sure what you consider regular, but I dove Monterey for 25+ years and I always saw "regulars" eat at the deli. Nobody ate at Massaro and Santos...the place upstairs you "heard" about; too expensive and fancy. We even dove a thanksgiving there and bbq'd up some game hens. To which the ARL quickly called the cops claiming we were not allowed an open fire in the parking lot and that we were stealing business away from her. But I guess I'm not a "regular" according to your stringent requirements. Good to know. I'll be sure to check in with your committee when I want to visit/dive my stomping grounds the next time around.
Apt name

Return to “General Discussions”