ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Anybody know a Bill Nair?

Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:33 pm

I was cleaning up an old Voit Navy top can for a project and when I removed it from the ultrasonic cleaner I saw the name BILL NAIR was etched into the flat part under where the label would go. See pics. I did some Googling and found a guy by that name in Philadelphia that had some connection to diving. I found a guy by the name of Bill who is on this forum from Philadelphia so I sent him an email to see if it was him. Haven't heard back yet. It would be fun just to know the history of the reg, where/when it was bought, where it was used, how long he owned it, where it went from him, etc... Anyway, if anyone knows the guy I'd love to track down some history. Thanks. Mark
1.jpg
2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Britmarine
VDH Moderator
First Name: David

Re: Anybody know a Bill Nair?

Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:49 pm

A Bill Nair from SoCal via Pittsburgh, PA, contributed to the following SB vintage equipment diving thread:
https://www.scubaboard.com/community/th ... on.413317/

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Anybody know a Bill Nair?

Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Thanks Britt! Likely the same guy.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Return to “General Discussions”