USdiver
Master Diver

Solar Eclipse - 2024

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:13 pm

Today I saw my third solar eclipse, they are awesome. The first was a partial when I was a kid; the second was a total when I lived in Panama [the birds and dogs went to sleep for about five minutes of night] and today's was 93% where I live in Ohio. Looking at future eclipse schedules, my part of the country is due for another total solar eclipse on Monday, April 8, 2024 (less than seven years in the future) at approximately 3:00 p.m. there will be nearly four minutes of totality. In 2024, the path of totality passes over Gilboa and White Star quarries. Anybody up for an afternoon night dive? It could be fun, especially of the fish go to sleep.

Just Sayin'
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Solar Eclipse - 2024

Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:50 pm

Ours was cool but not nearly so as it was up your way. I know one diver who was U/W in TN diving his Kraken during it and is supposed to share some video and pictures. I'm in for Gilboa as White Star looks like diving in an eclipse on a sunny day anyhow.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

guyharrisonphoto
Skin Diver
First Name: Guy

Re: Solar Eclipse - 2024

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:29 pm

We just did our first eclipse at Green River Lakes in Wyoming (20 hours of travel each way). It was unbelievable!! We are already planning 2024, in South Texas. But, with 4 minutes of totality, I want to be above water for this one . . .

If one comes happens over an area with crystal clear shallow water, that would really be something to see!

Return to “General Discussions”