helomech17

Matching a hose

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:02 am

I'm needing a matching hose for a single I have.
It's less than 1 1/2 on the MP end and while not a typical Dacor hose, seems to fit the Dacor 2nd generation MP. Too small for EZ Kleer so it's kind of an in betweener. This is the first time I've come across this issue.
Any help appreciated. The hose is too nice to just discard so I'm trying to complete the loop.
The photos below show the comparison of the two hoses and the smaller (needed) one next to an EZ mouthpiece
for clarity.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Matching a hose

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:00 pm

At some point it has had a Tinnerman style clamp on it so based on that I'd say it's an original neoprene compound hose. Finding an exact match may be impossible but Rob at The Scuba Museum gets all the take off hoses from me when I buy or service old regulators and the customer does not want the old ones back.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

helomech17

Re: Matching a hose

Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:57 am

Thanks Bryan
Guess I'll move on with a new pair and just put this one with the rest of the spares for now.

Return to “General Discussions”