luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Boston Sea Rovers 2014

Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:33 pm

Below are pictures of this past weekend at the Boston Sea Rovers. This was the 60th anniversary of the Boston Sea Rovers.

The Historical Diving Society organized a small museum of diving equipment in commemoration of the anniversary. As part of the museum, I was asked if I could display some of my vintage dive gear and an evolution of the double hose regulator. This included DH samples ranging from some of the earliest to the newest DH, the Argonaut.

I also had samples of some very interesting (and strange) single hose regulators (the Scubapro Pilot, the Zepher, The Scubapro Mk VII/ honker, etc) and other dive gear (the Dacor Nautilus, Hawaiian pack, USD tank banger reserve valve, etc).

The exhibit was very well attended and I got a lot of great feedback for the exhibit and my explanations. Lots of divers came into the museum excited to see some of the old Scuba gear and to discover the availability of reproduction parts (hoses, diaphragms, seats, duckbills, duckbill-eliminator, etc) for old gear they have had since the early days (or that they got from their dad).

The Argonaut was also extremely well received (and that is the reason I am posting in this section).

This show is attended by many underwater photographers and videographer, armatures and professional. Many of the clinic and workshop presenters stopped by the exhibit.

Here is some of the heavy gear that was on loan from the Diving Locker Museum in Gloucester, Mass
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Popeye
Master Diver

60th Annual Boston Sea Rovers show. 7-9 March 2014

Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:05 am

The Boston Sea Rovers is an all volunteer non-profit organization dedicated to Education,Conservation and exploration of the underwater world. It is their mission to organize this yearly event to engage the public-divers,nature enthusiasts, photographers and film makers. In addition,the show is graced by speakers who travel from the far corners of the planet to present to present at the show. They're a mix of the world's best and brightest professionals focused on the underwater world. Beyond engaging the public, their presence in Boston has forged many long -term professional relationships that have changed
the face of diving and underwater exploration. For more information on the Boston Sea Rovers, go to: www.bostonsearovers.com.

Re: 60th Annual Boston Sea Rovers show. 7-9 March 2014

Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:36 am

Hombre (Kaliforian for Sir Man, Mister,and Hombre)

You are a man about the dive shows and a long term member of the eastern diving community, therefore you must have numerous contacts.
I would urgently like to contact the following easterners
~~ Gene Parker of SDM & Divers flag fame
~~ Jim Easterbrook of SDM/Scuba pro and divers flag litigation
Need e mails and or addresses
SDM

2THDIVR
Master Diver
First Name: Scott

Re: Boston Sea Rovers 2014

Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:04 pm

Luis,

Nice display.

The Sea Rovers Show is about the only thing I miss about New England Winters.

Scott

Return to “General Discussions”