simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Happy and Prosperous New Year

Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:22 am

To any and all remaining vintage divers, collectors and those of Vintage Double Hose interest, have a better 2022, remain healthy and enjoy diving the way it was in the double hose days.
Allan
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

frogman63
Lung Diver
First Name: Brian

Re: Happy and Prosperous New Year

Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:10 pm

Happy new year Allan. Good to see your post.
Just an fyi, as we speak, I am currently rebuilding a USD Mistral that I purchased this past summer from another vintage diver.
Having fun supporting the cause.

Take care,
Brian

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:12 pm

Happy New year to all from the shores of Lake Michigan. I'll certainly be adventuring with my vintage and modern gear! Been dry too long! Itching to get under water!

Swimjim

captain
Plank Owner

Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:31 pm

Happy New Year all!
Captain

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:52 pm

Have a great New Year everyone.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

couv
Master Diver

Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:14 pm

Ditto!
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Christian
First Name: Christian

Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:55 pm

Happy New Diving-Year to all !

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:11 pm

Happy New Year to everyone! Here is a pic I took of my little beach town on New Year's Day. We've had a bunch of storms come through so viz has been non-existent for diving. 2022 is looking good so far. My son got accepted to his first choice of colleges for an Aerospace Engineering degree so it looks like a trip to the east coast in February is in the works to check out the campus. Everyone stay safe and healthy! M

"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:23 pm

Well wishes to all for a prosperous 2022!!

I'm hoping border restrictions will remain in this status at worse when spring is upon us. I have been unable to access the "mystery wreck" I found two summers ago as it lies in Canadian waters, and was threatened with boat confiscation and jail time for being "In Canada" with the border closed when I was last near it. They lifted the restrictions on the River very late this fall, so I await spring...
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

ColemanJ
Diver
First Name: James

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:48 pm

Happy New Year from North Carolina

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:08 pm

Jan 10th and this is still the only thread that's been started in 2022... It's a nice one though... Some good news or good wishes from everyone and I even know most of you. Hi Allan... I'm still enjoying the Voit Trieste I got from you. Bill and James have been developing a new diaphragm and I'm going to buy one for my Trieste when they are ready to sell them. And my good buddy SwimJim... We're going to have a heck of a dive season now that you're all healed up and making world champion Chili! And Brian, you gotta come and play Mike Nelson with us this Summer... Life's too short to pass up some clear water vintage double hosing. And Couv... That ScubaPro 109 that you restored and upgraded to MK10 is still serving my wife well... She loves it. And Mark, you crazy lawyer diver... What terrific news about your son's college acceptance. Hard to believe he's already old enough to go to college. And Luis, I think of you and our Live-aboard dive trip everytime I look at my Kraken hanging on the wall. And RHWESTFALL I remember that mystery boat you told us all about in Canadian waters and have often wondered why we haven't heard from you more about it... Sounds like you would have had to be a secret agent or something. Yes I sure hope you can get back to it soon... Hopefully post us some pictures.
- Oops I almost forgot the GREAT One Tom Madere... The savior of all of my beautiful and fully functional J-Valves! Remember when we exchanged Lagniappe? You made me an Honorary New Orleanian!

Yes Happy New Year to you all. I sure wish we could get together and dive our vintage gear.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Return to “General Discussions”