EberWolf
Lung Diver
First Name: James

Conshelf XIV Rebuild

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:25 am

Good Morning all.

I picked up a Conshelf XIV 1st and 2nd stage. I also bought the rebuild kits from the VDH store with the intention of learning to rebuild it myself. Unfortunately the country I'm working in (Bahrain) has been in and out of lockdown since covid started. Tool supply there was sketchy at best pre covid.

I'm visiting family in coastal New Hampshire for a couple weeks. Can someone advise me on what tools I should pick up, and where to get them for the rebuild? Is there anything tool wise that would be different if I wanted/needed to rebuild my Kraken?

Thanks,

Jim

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Re: Conshelf XIV Rebuild

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:18 pm

I am hoping that Herman will drop in help you out with the few custom tools you need. He makes a first stage assembly tool that makes it much easier to assemble the the first stage. He also makes a screw driver / nut driver combination that helps to adjust the second stage.

Both of those tools are common to Conshelf and Argonauts. The Conshelf and the Argonaut share most of the same mechanical design and the same service replacement parts.

Where in New Hampshire are you? You ever dive around here?
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

EberWolf
Lung Diver

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:56 am

I'm visiting my parents in Rye NH. And taking my wife to a concert in Boston.. then it's back to work in Bahrain.

I've never had a chance to dive in New England. I imagine it would be a shock to the system. Over the last 4 years the coldest dive I had was a new year's day dive and I needed a 1mm wetsuit.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:09 am

I have decided to stop making the tools but I still have both of them left over if you want them, contact me.
Herman

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:11 am

duplicate
Last edited by Herman on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: dupe
Herman

EberWolf
Lung Diver

Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:56 pm

Herman wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:09 am
I have decided to stop making the tools but I still have both of them left over if you want them, contact me.
Herman,
I'm interested in the tools. I sent you an email.

Jim

Return to “General Discussions”