eskimo3883
Master Diver

1963 Havas MK 1 two man sub for sale....

Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:59 pm

Though this might be of interest. I believe it was originally a Havas Mark 1 two man sub. Seller told me it works but looking at the battery box and controls it is hard to believe that is true. Maybe in fresh water you could get away with this set up. I was told by the seller the front diver controls depth and rear diver turns left and right. Hard to believe that is how they sold these but I have no personal knowledge of these and could not find any details on line. Better I let someone with actual knowledge comment. Current asking price is in the link. I will leave that alone as well..

https://barnfinds.com/never-seen-one-19 ... submarine/

I have failed to find out much on any of the Havas sub models. I believe Ivan Torr's Havas MK3 is on display in Las Vegas. That is the only one I could find in the USA but I expect others are better informed. If anyone has a source for more information I would be very interested in learning more.
“A skin diver is a fellow who pulls on a pair of fancy swimming trunks, some rubber fins, a diving mask and canvas gloves, then fills his lungs with air and noses down into the ocean looking for two fisted trouble.”

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Re: 1963 Havas MK 1 two man sub for sale....

Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:01 am

I found more information on HAVAS subs in general...
http://covertshores.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... rines.html
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

BigSwell
Master Diver
First Name: Kevin

Re: 1963 Havas MK 1 two man sub for sale....

Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:40 pm

Gotta love repurposing aviation equipment in the TTV. Using a DG (or heading indicator) underwater could pose problems if it isn't fully sealed properly and where's the vacuum pump to spin the gyro???? Classic.

Return to “General Discussions”