Vintagediver
Master Diver

Vintage Diver House Flag

Mon May 18, 2020 8:21 pm

A couple years ago as I was taking my Detroit Red Wings house flag down at the end of the NHL season it occurred to me that it would be nice if I had some kind of a vintage diving flag to put up in it's place. I went on the internet to see what I could find in 3 x 5 house flags for scuba diving; primarily double hose diving and found nothing. Since that didn't pan out I then looked into designing my own flag and having one made. After a bit of searching I found a company called The Flag Makers that had an online design program that allowed me to design my own flag that they would make up according to my requests. I went back online to check out the free clip art to see what I could find for double hose divers, and after finding one that I liked I went back to The Flag Makers design program and came up with one that was pretty basic and simple which I felt gave some recognition to double hose vintage diving. The one pic is of the design I made up on The Flag Makers program and the other is of the flag flying on the pole by our home and pole barn.
2' x 3' House Flag.jpg
2' x 3' House Flag.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Re: Vintage Diver House Flag

Tue May 19, 2020 9:30 am

Very nice Terry! If you lived near me, I would take off my hat and hold my hand over my heart whenever I passed by your flag! :)
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Tue May 19, 2020 10:48 am

Your hat; Eben didn't you mean your dive hood?? :D Thank You!
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137

BigSwell
Master Diver
First Name: Kevin

Wed May 20, 2020 11:36 am

That's cool. I looked at their website but couldn't find any pricing. I'm sure it's based on size, material and qty, would it be brash to ask how much it cost you? I see they are located in Denver.

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Wed May 20, 2020 7:14 pm

Hi Kevin: No problem at all to ask; but first let me correct some information in my initial post. The size of the flag I have is 2' x 3'; NOT 3' x 5' as I posted. OK Kev now to answer your question; the cost was $100.00 and it is a 2 sided, 2' x 3' flag. Thanks for your post!

NAVED Member #137

Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Sat May 23, 2020 1:06 am

Awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Formerly tripplec. Decided to use my real name since you guys aren't a bunch of flaky internet trolls.

rx7diver
Lung Diver
First Name: Ronald

Sun May 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Neat flag! Next batch, you might correct "It's" with "Its", though.

rx7diver

Return to “General Discussions”