Vancetp
Master Diver
First Name: Phillip

During lock-down

Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:58 pm

I hope all is well with everyone. It's all good with me and mine so far. I'm a bit concerned about my O-T daughter who works in a hospital. They just started to allow her to wear a mask???? No reports of anything bad in my circle of family and friends. I hope it's the same for you all.
Hunker down. Stay safe.

Best regards,
Phil

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: During lock-down

Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:05 pm

All is good here. I went from shaved, to full beard to my present van dyke so there's that. Went to tear down a Voit MR12 today but went out to my garage workshop and discovered the small earthquake we had the other day caused my stacked up non-fastened down plastic containers of itty bitty regulator parts and reg tools to slide off my workbench and down behind the bench to a difficult to access area. Spent part of the day ripping out stuff to collect my parts/tools. It's always sumptin' :) Stay safe!
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

BigSwell
Master Diver
First Name: Kevin

Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Are you taking about the quake centered out in the Palm Desert/ Anza area last week. We felt it and the after shock the next day at almost the exact time down in Sandy Eggo. Something on the order of 4-5.0 we heard, lasted about 15 sec.

As for a lock-down, to me that is being in a sub 300 feet below, this is just an inconvenience. Kinda of nice, the Zonies have stayed home, so far. By the way, who has extra TP (sorry, couldn't resist that "lil' nugget"). I was in Costco last week and a guy wanted to start a fight with an employee over TP being out... the ballz.
:mrgreen:

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:21 pm

BigSwell wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:05 pm
Are you taking about the quake centered out in the Palm Desert/ Anza area last week. We felt it and the after shock the next day at almost the exact time down in Sandy Eggo. Something on the order of 4-5.0 we heard, lasted about 15 sec.
I guess. I don't pay much attention to pesky earthquakes any more. :)
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:30 pm

In my extra time I now have I've been looking back though old photos. Messing with the cat use to be a favorite pastime. May have to revisit that activity. :)

couv
Master Diver

Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:34 am

We're all fine here in H Town.

So far I've rebuilt every regulator in my stable and the lot of eBay junk I've bought over the last year. This is the first time since I took up this hobby I don't have any regs left to work on. I've got another few sets on the way. One would think my workbench would not look like Mark sent one of his quakes to arrange it. Indeed it could use a bit of organizing so I guess that's on today's menu.

Stay safe y'all. ...and you guys in Maine, stop burning books for God's sake.
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

captain
Plank Owner

Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:58 am

I got a USD Navy non mag manifold that was in bad shape on a trade several years ago. I am now getting around to rebuilding/refinishing it to go with the two Navy non mag tanks that have a standard USD manifold on they now.
Captain

couv
Master Diver

Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:43 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:30 pm
In my extra time I now have I've been looking back though old photos. Messing with the cat use to be a favorite pastime. May have to revisit that activity. :)

Hey Mark,

I just had another gander at your photos. Is that a California Spangled or an Ocicat?

Way cool what ever it is.
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:23 am

It is a beautiful cat!
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:19 am

couv wrote:

Hey Mark,

I just had another gander at your photos. Is that a California Spangled or an Ocicat?

She is an 18 year old pure-bred Bengal, a cross between a wild asian leopard cat and a domestic house cat. Her pedigreed name is Milwood Ritz Le Chat but we call her Ritzy. Got her from a lady (Dr. Milwood) who at the time was an 85 year old retired geneticist that invented the breed in the 1950's. I wanted to go to the pound to get a cat but my wife saw this little $1,000 ball of fluff and fell in love. So we did what all married couples do, we "compromised" and did what my wife wanted. :)

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:47 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:
couv wrote:

Hey Mark,

She is an 18 year old pure-bred Bengal, a cross between a wild asian leopard cat and a domestic house cat. Her pedigreed name is Milwood Ritz Le Chat but we call her Ritzy. Got her from a lady (Dr. Milwood) who at the time was an 85 year old retired geneticist that invented the breed in the 1950's. I wanted to go to the pound to get a cat but my wife saw this little $1,000 ball of fluff and fell in love. So we did what all married couples do, we "compromised" and did what my wife wanted. :)
She is beautiful! Given her wild Asian Leopard ancestry are you ever worried she will get hungry in the middle of the night while you are sleeping?
The older I get the better I was.

couv
Master Diver

Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:48 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:
couv wrote:

Hey Mark,

Fantastic. Thank you. Here is a nice blurb:
https://www.pets4homes.co.uk/cat-breeds/bengal/

Vancetp
Master Diver
First Name: Phillip

Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:33 pm

Do you know what would happen if our housecats were a little bigger?

Yeah, they'd eat us.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:16 pm

antique diver wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:47 pm
She is beautiful! Given her wild Asian Leopard ancestry are you ever worried she will get hungry in the middle of the night while you are sleeping?
She is as gentle as can be with us. However, she is a master mouse-hunter. When she was a year old she saw a field mouse stick its nose out of a hole under our bar one time and to this day, 17 years later, she will sit and stare at that same hole for hours. But yes, we do feed her a big meal just before we go to bed - can't be too safe. :)

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:17 am

Well, not sure what I am doing. Not doing what I had planned to be doing. Today, took a long ride, no difficulty maintaining a six foot distance around here despite the extra heavy traffic I was dealing with:

Pulled over to check the radar, fortunately my phone had service:

Made it home zig zagging about Kansas farm roads without getting wet:

I am self quarantining since returning from Louisiana due to Wuhan virus possible exposure, a long and sad story. I do not see any crowds though, maybe a few cows, not sure the governor approves but I do not really care, I did not vote for her.

Like West Texas and much of the American West, people are so rare in much of Kansas that we still wave at one another, often from the sheer surprise of actually seeing something living other than a cow.

James

Return to “General Discussions”