Joelaw99
First Name: Joe

Anyone know thread size/pitch of this din adapter

Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:21 pm

Anyone know what the thread size/pitch is on the aqua lung din conversion where it screws into the titan valve. I’m looking at doing a din conversion on an aqua master.

Thanks in advance for any help, joe
56EE891B-9C34-456C-815C-03BAECD4A5A2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Re: Anyone know thread size/pitch of this din adapter

Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:36 am

Welcome to the board.
That appears to be for the new generation of Titans, no idea what the thread is but it's most likely metric. Doesn't really matter because unless you are planning on making a new HP nozzle assembly, you can't use any type of DIN fitting on a DA or Royal Aquamaster . What do you have in mind? Maybe there is an alternative way to accomplish your objective.
Herman

Joelaw99
First Name: Joe

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:08 pm

I was thinking turn the nozzle hex down below outer body thread diameter, mill 1/4” flats on both sides so nozzle can be installed with a wrench. Make brass adapter that screws on over nozzle and has o-ring to seal to valve like original yolk did. Other side of adapter is threaded to accept the din conversion.
C597C830-BF2A-48B1-8054-F75C1D47A351.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:54 pm

I guess my response is WHY? I never understood the fascination with DIN valves. For under 4k PSI they are no better than Yokes and add some disadvantages. This could be done but for what purpose? It is going to introduce some significant degradation to the DH reg since it will move it farther from your back, increasing the breathing resistance. If you must use DIN valves, get the ones with inserts and use them when diving a DH reg.
Herman

ColemanJ
Diver
First Name: James

Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:32 am

Why not just purchase a DIN Phoenix 1st stage front VDH ? This allows you to keep the DA original parts in case you want to return it to original condition. I purchased a DIN version from Bryan and love it! It also allows you to use modern devices like a pressure gauge, BCD inflator :D , Octo, and even a Bluetooth transmitter. I also upgraded the 2nd stage to a HPR and my PRAM works flawlessly and is a joy to use. I do need to get with you Herman one day at a club meeting in Raleigh to get a one of those 1st stage valve assembly blocks!

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:16 pm

Herman wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:54 pm
I guess my response is WHY? I never understood the fascination with DIN valves. For under 4k PSI they are no better than Yokes and add some disadvantages. This could be done but for what purpose? It is going to introduce some significant degradation to the DH reg since it will move it farther from your back, increasing the breathing resistance. If you must use DIN valves, get the ones with inserts and use them when diving a DH reg.
Oh, Herman... Please let me hold on to my illusion that I am safer cave diving with my DIN rigs! :?
The older I get the better I was.

Return to “General Discussions”