JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:45 am

All NAVED members, please feel free to contribute ideas (like Allan has) so we will have a number of options to choose from to best bring NAVED back into the mainstream and boost our membership numbers.

Additionally, if you are planning to attend any dive meetings please let us know in advance and we will work with you to provide promotional material. What would really be awesome would to be able to afford a booth at DEMA (but I'm sure that would proably be cost prohibitive).

With regard to a NAVED shirt I think we need to look at maybe a polo style shirt with the NAVED logo on the left breast. I think it would look more professional then a t-shirt.

I like Allan's thoughts and with everyone's help and assistance we will work diligently to get NAVED beyond a mere "card holding" organization.

Rob & James, what do you guys think?
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:33 am

I like the idea of Rob walking around DEMA with a sandwich board passing out NAVED brochures......Good time right there.
I’d take a couple of the VDH girls to DEMA but I’ve already been criticized for having less than family oriented photography on the site……I guarantee you I can draw a crowd though :wink:
Ryan Spence has attended a couple of regional diving trade shows and I know he always hands out some of our brochures.
I guess I’m confused as to why we have over 300 members on the site but only 92 registered NAVED members….And only about 75 NAVED cards have been made??
It’s time for a new featured diver and I nominate NEMROD…..
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:51 am

I like the idea of a polo shirt or a T-shirt…or both.

I think we also need a banner to display whenever we have any vintage dive gatherings. Something we can either hang from a couple of trees or make a simple take apart pvc stand.

During the Brown Stone Quarry dive last year in Connecticut it would have come in handy. The main attraction was definitely the hart hat divers (The North East Diving Equipment Group), but I we could have attracted more attention if we had a banner showing that it was more to us that just a couple of guys with some double hose regulators.

OBTW, there is nice article on the latest Historical Diving Society magazine about last years vintage dive at Brown Stone Quarry (http://www.vintagedoublehose.com/forum/ ... php?t=1775 ).
The article mentioned NEDEG (The North East Diving Equipment Group), since they were the main attraction, and it also mantiond several other diving organization (maybe they were sponsoring or something), but didn’t mentioned anything about NAVED or the group of vintage equipment “Scuba” divers that were there.

Maybe we also need to place a small add on the Historical Diver Magazine. I know that HDS does have more of a hard hat influence, but maybe if everyone here and in NAVED becomes a member of HDS, we will have more visibility.

I will be at Boston Sea Rovers (http://www.bostonsearovers.com/ ) the weekend of March 8 & 9, and I will have some brochures with me.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:39 am

I am certainly liking all of these ideas. Should we name a committee to review them?

Nem

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:47 am

Bryan wrote:I like the idea of Rob walking around DEMA with a sandwich board passing out NAVED brochures......Good time right there. ....
James, is this the idea you like the most? :wink:
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:53 am

As long as I can takemy expense money out of the NAVED kitty, then I will go!

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:31 am

Yes, the sandwich board and maybe wear some Wetsuit Nazi vintage rubber hotshorts :shock: .

Nem

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:09 am

I like banner idea. They get a lot of attention. As you guys know, I always have mine at any event I attend.....VDH will throw in the firts Ben Franklin to help out with the cost on the banner if we go that route. High quality outdoor vinyl banners with grommets and such cost a lot of coin....And the cheap plastic ones just look like.....Well you know....
We could keep it in a heavy cardboard tube and just UPS or USPS it to the next diver attending an event.....
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:20 am

Banner is good. I will contribute some, maybe we start a collection--pass the hat. Once we have a design and some cash we can shop it around.

I am very thankfull to the many who contributed on the brochures.

Also, T shirts, we need a NAVED T shirt.

Nem

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:49 pm

How about this for a banner? We already have the artwork :D

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:55 pm

Is it the right shape, would you want it longer, just asking?

Nem

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:05 pm

My opinion it that it's ok but everyone else should chime in as well...

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:08 pm

Looks good with its relative dimensions. I would like to see it large enough however 3-4 feet high or so.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:37 pm

I'm in for the coin but if someone else could do the leg work on this one that would be great !

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:18 pm

I can look into it, but it may be at least a week before I can get to it.

Christine is a graphic artist and she has experience with a local FedEx-Kinkos that she says does a good job at making this type of banners.

I will need a high resolution graphics file, ideally a PDF file.

Christine is not sure how well the photo will reproduce on banner material.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Return to “NAVED - National Association of Vintage Equipment Divers”