cerien
First Name: jean

g250 demand lever sticking in the lower position

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:03 pm

Hello
First of all, as new member of the forum, thank you for all the very useful information on the website, really thorough, really great !!!

I've been servicing my regs for over a decade now, mostly scubapro mk20, mk25, mk2, mk5, g250, R190 and few other - diving with them, and still alive ;-).
Lately, I am struggling with the demand lever of a G250, that occasionally remains in the low position (ie, parallel to the air barrel, like totally pressed), with no air flowing. Opening the case, and gently tapping the lever brings it back to its normal position (when there is no depression in the stage).
It is fairly hard to reproduce intentionally, happens once in a while, and I cant figure out why this is happening. The air barrel has been cleaned, the poppet & other inside parts replaced. I watched the g250 video on youtube, and nothing seems wrong in what I've done.
Any ideas what could be wrong ?

Thks
J.

couv
Master Diver

Re: g250 demand lever sticking in the lower position

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Welcome to VDH!

Sometimes the lever "legs" get spread and don't interface with the poppet correctly. Try removing the lever and squeeze the legs a little closer together. If that does not do it, you may have a compatibility issue with the old style lever and the new style poppet. Replace the lever with a "curly foot" lever. It's the one on the left in the link below.

https://www.scubaboard.com/community/at ... pg.476430/

Couv
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

cerien
First Name: jean

Re: g250 demand lever sticking in the lower position

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:03 am

Many thanks for the detailed answer ! I will try that, and let you know

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”