Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

US Divers Second Stage.....The Metal Years

Fri May 13, 2016 10:01 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

uwstlth
Master Diver
First Name: kevin

Re: US Divers Second Stage.....The Metal Years

Fri May 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Nice post Bryan, I'm a fan of the "metal years"- ROCK ON!

Appreciate all your efforts.

Jaypee
Skin Diver
First Name: JP

Fri May 13, 2016 6:10 pm

Anyone else think these regs are sexy? Just me, oh well! Haha

Myxicola
Diver
First Name: Douglas

Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:19 am

I got hooked on Dacor Pacer XL second stages, the balanced design is reliable and maybe better than the Conshelf?

"I'd rather be lucky than good!" But being good makes us lucky.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:51 am

Myxicola wrote:.......................I got hooked on Dacor Pacer XL second stages, the balanced design is reliable and maybe better than the Conshelf?

The Dacors are good regs but they mislead people in the advertising, most of the Pacer serices were not balanced and none from what we would consider from the vintage era were. The 100-800 series were not balanced. a few of the the later ones from the early 90s were but just being metal does not make them vintage.
Herman

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:35 pm

Earlier this summer I attended a school in Mobile for training and I knew I would have time maybe to do a little shore diving. I scooted over to the Destin Finger Jetty and then down to the St. Andrews Jetty. The reg I brought was my cherry Conshelf XIV Supreme. They just work with no fuss, no muss. I bought it NIB several years ago from a local dive shop that went out of business (retired, recession etc.) sand when cleaning the store found it behind a shelving unit where apparently it had fallen some decades past and remained.

Nem

couv
Master Diver

Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:18 am

Myxicola wrote: I got hooked on Dacor Pacer XL second stages........
Then hurry up and bid on this fantastic set! http://www.ebay.com/itm/191940080077?ss ... 1555.l2649

:D
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

TomcatPC
Skin Diver
First Name: Mark

Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:09 pm

My current "everyday diver" reg. is a circa 1970 (year I was born) US Divers Conshelf XI that was given to me. I love it, love the look of it, etc. I also have a mid/late 1960's US Divers Calypso-J that I really love as well. I have to admit though that I slightly like the way the mid-late 1960's era metal second stages look compared to the later 1970's era second stage. That is just a superficial thing though and my opinion...
Mark

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:22 am

TomcatPC wrote:My current "everyday diver" reg. is a circa 1970 (year I was born) US Divers Conshelf XI that was given to me. I love it, love the look of it, etc. I also have a mid/late 1960's US Divers Calypso-J that I really love as well. I have to admit though that I slightly like the way the mid-late 1960's era metal second stages look compared to the later 1970's era second stage. That is just a superficial thing though and my opinion...
Mark
I recall a bulletin or something of that sort (I was working in a dive shop in the mid 70s) from US Divers to essentially junk all of the early second stages, those that had the dime sized exhaust valve. The screw on tee also turned to goo and was restrictive and was commonly mounted upside down for some odd reason. And they breathed wet. Kind of fuzzy on that bulletin but I do know the WOB is pretty high, so the differences are more than superficial.

James

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”