BigSwell
Master Diver
First Name: Kevin

Videos of USD/Aqualung Manufacturing?

Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:27 pm

I've been looking for a video of how the USD/ Aqualung Conshelf was made but can't seem to find anything. Does such a video(s) exist? I found a good video of how VOIT Duck Feet are made and it was wild to see how pucks of rubber are put into a high pressure/heat mold and made by hand. If you have any links you could post that would be neat to have in the forum. I wouldn't limit it to just the Conshelf, any USD/Aqualung reg would be good to see how they are machined etc. I have no idea how the modern stuff is mass produced today but suspect it isn't done by hand anymore, the Vista Aqualung headquarters moved last year and when that happened, they sold all the tooling and machining equipment at a fire-sale online (craigslist) auction which surprised me. I recently learned that today at the new Aqualung headquarters (US) all they have are marketing and sales cubicals and a warehouse to stock stuff that is made overseas, no products are made or fixed by them now in CA which is kind of pathetic. Always learning...

Return to “Single Hose Regulators.”