Wetsuit
Diver
First Name: Dave

DA navy approved horseshoe seat

Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:01 pm

Hello,

I’am in the slow process of restoring a DA Navy, and am trying to replace the LP seat on the horseshoe, was looking for any help or advice on how to remove and replace

Thanks,
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: DA navy approved horseshoe seat

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:03 pm

Hi Dave, I replaced that seat on my Voit Mariner which is essentially the same horseshoe/seat as you have. The kind folks here walked me through the process.

Just use a brass pick to carefully pop out the old seat. You will see the holder is curved inward around the top to hold the seat in place. That is the only thing holding the seat in place. I was advised to put a drop of superglue in when I popped in the new seat and it worked great. Not sure its necessary. My 2psi. Good Luck!
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Re: DA navy approved horseshoe seat

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:32 pm

Dave the same as I suggested and used on my Voit Mariner and da regs.Have fun tuning it!

Return to “General Discussions”