simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Argonaut in Maldives

Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:10 pm

Just returned from an Aggressor live aboard in the Maldives. It was the first double hose regulator seen on this boat. I don't know if any other Krakens have been dived there, but the crew was interested in mine. Once we got beyond the "no not a rebreather", a simple explanation of the two stages in the box "here" with air coming through this hose and out the other hose to the box seemed to satisfy. "But why, what is so great about that thing?" The no bubbles in your face of bubbling next to your ears got some response, but the best was the idea of the "cool" factor. That they all agreed.

The Maldives are noted for their abundance of Manta Rays, warm (86 degree F) water, wall-to-wall sunshine and flat seas. Great trip.

Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Argonaut in Maldives

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:05 pm

I am suitably impressed! The Maldives are on my Bucket List. Glad you were able to educate the DH ignorant. M
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”