DaleC
Master Diver
First Name: Dale

Vintage diver article in e- magazine

Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:03 am

My friend Kerry publishes this very nice e-magazine focused on PNW photography and Videography. She asked me to write a vintage related article and I chose to highlight British Columbian dive pioneer, wreck researcher and author Fred Rogers. The magazine is a free download here and the article starts on Page 5.

PNW DIVER: http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=067 ... ad17e2804b
NAVED #203
#20 International Brotherhood for the Assistance of Stateless Persons

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Vintage diver article in e- magazine

Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:45 am

Thanks for sharing Dale. The link and information about your article will go out on the VDH social media outlets later today. The online magazine has some great articles and some amazing photography! I hope you contribute similar articles to them in the future. If you have other articles/stories that they are not going to use and you want to share them with us please let me know. :D
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

8dust
Master Diver

Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:13 am

Really nice article, Dale, well done.
Looks like a great publication too, I hope they do very well. Thanks for letting us know about it!
Freddo
NAVED member #201

DaleC
Master Diver

Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:30 pm

Thanks guys :)
I'm friends with the editor and she has asked me to be a regular contributor so I hope to be able to add more content in the future. It's great to be able to share some vintage "spirit" with a group that otherwise might not be that interested. It's a bi-monthly (every two months) publication.

I've got one topic about the 1930's and then I want to write about using doublehoses, with a slant towards photography. At that point I'll probably hit you up Bryan for some details about the Kraken and VDH in general.
NAVED #203

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:30 am

WOW! That was a great read with tons of good content. I enjoyed reading about Fred Rogers, my next stop on the web will be to look-up his books and add them to my library.

I also enjoyed seeing Jan Kocian getting some very over due recognition. you may recall, I posted a link to his NWDiveclub.com thread some time ago.

Thanks for the link Dale and Bryan, hope to see the magazine in the future.
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

DaleC
Master Diver

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:18 am

Yes, I was just introduced to Jan's style through the issue and like the way he mixes images up. Seems like a neat guy I hope to meet in the near future.
NAVED #203

Return to “Bibliophile Forum”