Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Argonaut Kraken Crowdfunding Campaign is LIVE

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:26 am

The Argonaut Kraken Crowdfunding campaign is live and ready to go! Please take a look and share the link with any friends and associates that might be interested. With this type of campaign I either reach my funding goal or I get nothing.
I did not use Kickstarter as I had planned because they would not allow me to give multiple items and discount codes in one award category.....So I went with Fundable who does the same thing but are a little more flexible in the rewards I can offer to the backers of the project. I appreciate you stopping in and taking a look.

Click Here
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

dacordiver23
Skin Diver
First Name: Jordan

Re: Argonaut Kraken Crowdfunding Campaign is LIVE

Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:25 pm

Just looked at the Fundable page. Clearly there is a lot of support for the Argonaut Kraken. I might be a bit preemptive but; Congratulations to the VDH R&D team.

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Wow, In less than eight hours it has exceeded its goal.
Congratulations Bryan.

Note: I just notice that there are still 5 regulator that can be purchased with the promotion.
You can also get a discount and put on the waiting list with some of the pledges.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Fully funded in 7hrs 39 min... :D :D :D Thank you!!! Still some great stuff available with 29 days to go.

This just in

Just got this from Teran at Fundables

Congratulations! What an amazing start to your fundraise, I believe you might be the fasted funded company on our site.

Just as a note you are already sold out of your $1500 level, which i'm sure you are aware of. Are you going to add more backers at this level, if so let me know
we have to update the information for you here on our side.

Also, I am moving your company to the new and noteworthy section of the Fundable browse.

https://www.fundable.com/browse/newest
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Master Diver
First Name: Kim

Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:39 pm

I'm a BAKER. Bad luck about the OS posting though :evil:

Not to worry I'll get one! 8)
Kim,
Ocean Trekker, Dangerous When Wet.
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" Douglas Barder.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:33 pm

A few spots still available at the backer level that will give you a great discount code when you buy your Argonaut in the future. PLUS every backer on this campaign gets put on the A list for the opportunity to buy future Argonaut items before they go on the website.
The Argonaut line will continue to expand. Luis and I spoke at length today about two future items I have samples for aside from the DSV mouthpiece we are working on....

WOW....I really sound like I'm on the home shopping network now. :|

Superlite
Master Diver
First Name: Andrew

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:36 pm

Bryan wrote:Fully funded in 7hrs 39 min... :D :D :D Thank you!!! Still some great stuff available with 29 days to go.

This just in

Just got this from Teran at Fundables

Congratulations! What an amazing start to your fundraise, I believe you might be the fasted funded company on our site.

Just as a note you are already sold out of your $1500 level, which i'm sure you are aware of. Are you going to add more backers at this level, if so let me know
we have to update the information for you here on our side.

Also, I am moving your company to the new and noteworthy section of the Fundable browse.

https://www.fundable.com/browse/newest

would like to see more available in the $500 to $700 range. Made it in to the $100 but am willing to help with another funding.

Superlite
Master Diver
First Name: Andrew

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:41 pm

Bryan wrote:A few spots still available at the backer level that will give you a great discount code when you buy your Argonaut in the future. PLUS every backer on this campaign gets put on the A list for the opportunity to buy future Argonaut items before they go on the website.
The Argonaut line will continue to expand. Luis and I spoke at length today about two future items I have samples for aside from the DSV mouthpiece we are working on....

WOW....I really sound like I'm on the home shopping network now. :|

A vintage divers home shopping network? Now that sounds like a new way of finding those hard to find items we all keep an eye open for. Good thought and well done on your funding project for the Argonaut Kraken project. Missed opening of the fund raiser but can't wait till more of this regulator is available.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:43 pm

Sorry but right now there is no way I can sell it at the 500.00 level. I expect later in the year thanks to the backers on the campaign the price will come in around 650.00, 700.00

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:55 pm

I am surprised that after yesterdays rush there are still three special edition Argonauts that have not been claimed.
:?

All things considered, I think the price of those three is reasonable.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:32 pm

I've had a couple of offers by E-mail but part of the agreement with Fundable says items must remain for sale until the are sold or the campaign ends as scheduled.

Master Diver
First Name: Kim

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:22 pm

CORRECTION! I am a BACKER of the Argonaut Kraken Crowdfunding Campaign, and NOT a Baker of it. :oops:

The error occurred because of my fat fingers and using a skinny keyboard that can not type what I was thinking :P :shock: :wink:

I will have my discount code :mrgreen: 8)
Kim,
Ocean Trekker, Dangerous When Wet.
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" Douglas Barder.

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:43 pm

I have to admit that I am pretty stoked about this. This regulator looks so polished that I can dive it no matter how picky the people on the boat might be. This is exactly the type of attention to detail that is going to remove any doubt about how we dive. Nobody can hang the "Did you find that crap on Ebay?" line on us with this regulator.
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:11 am

slonda828 wrote:I have to admit that I am pretty stoked about this. This regulator looks so polished that I can dive it no matter how picky the people on the boat might be. This is exactly the type of attention to detail that is going to remove any doubt about how we dive. Nobody can hang the "Did you find that crap on Ebay?" line on us with this regulator.
I had to laugh at that one Ron, guess my responce will have to be....no I did not find it on ebay....but some of the parts in it were made from crap that came from ebay. :)
Truth be told, some of the prototype parts were made from scavanged Conshelf parts that I remachined to suit our needs. It was easier, cheaper and faster to make them from used Conshelf parts rather than to make them from scratch.

And just so there is no confusion, those were prototype parts that are in (or were used in) my reg and several other test/prototype regs, they will NOT be used in the production models or any of the regs sold in the Crowdfunding.
Herman

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:12 am

I am happy that this has gone so well for vdh, I think the response has been genuine and telling.

When I was in Cozumel one of the hotel guests, made a comment, and he was being friendly, not an axx but while I was wating to get under the shower head after a beach dive, he quipped, shouldn't you have an antique camera to go with your antique gear. So, me actually being a smart axx (not really, but only kinda :mrgreen: ) asked him exactly which part of my rig was antique, suddenly, he froze, his eyes got big as he looked me over and before he could say anything, I said "and by the way, the regulator is brand new manufacture Argonaut" and his eyes got bigger. So I starting listing off, brand new Atomic mask, brand new Aeris fins, brand new Oxy wing, so, in a little bit he gave up trying to find something antique on my rig and I am sure wandered off to get further drunk.

Just an aside, you guys do realize that most people go on dive vacations to get drunk, diving is just what they do between being drunk, hung over and usually barfing on the boat :shock:

So anyways, as Ron has said so eloquently, I too can go SCUBA diving on the most snoodiest of Florida Keys dive boats and be the most modern guy on the boat :D .

And while I dive to explore the underwater world, you know, the drool factor that this Argonaut brings to my rig is worth a pound of gold. Dang, Bryan should charge more for that alone.

Nem

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”