1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:03 pm

It is very hard to make out who is in #7 as it is soooooo small. If it is meet, which I doubt, you have my permission.

Justleesa

Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:33 pm

Maybe Karl can help out, he took that picture...

Karl?....Oh Karl???

kgehring
Master Diver

Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:02 pm

I think it is our buddy Fred Morrison. Parkway wetsuit, grey wrist computer. Taken at SDIII. Silver springs.
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

Justleesa

Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:07 pm

Thanks Karl....then we'll need to get Fred's attention ;)

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Okay to post pic #18

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:12 pm

Hi Leesa,
Its okay to post my picture#18.
Thanks I'm glad there are no Kemps cow pictures of bryan and myself.
Jerry

Justleesa

Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:22 pm

Thanks Jerry

Emilio Largo
Vintage Diver

Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:37 pm

Hey, Leesa!
Yes, that's me in photos 2 and 22. You have my permission, and I surely hope they make it in. Your work is EXCELLENT!
Regards,
Rob Sewell

Justleesa

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:21 pm

excellent Rob! Thanks!!

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:23 am

The girl in #7 is not a Vintage Diver....I think she was a friend of Chris's at Weekie that was doing some publicity shots or a friend of that Tool from SB. Either way I don't think we will get a release and we have enough Vintage Scuba Posers as it is....I say Delete Please. Thank you :)
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:01 am

Bryan wrote:The girl in #7 is not a Vintage Diver....I think she was a friend of Chris's at Weekie that was doing some publicity shots or a friend of that Tool from SB. Either way I don't think we will get a release and we have enough Vintage Scuba Posers as it is....I say Delete Please. Thank you :)
Did you mean the girl in picture #5? :?
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:49 am

I agree lets have some more pics of real vintage ladies like Barb, Christine, Leesa, and the like. The girl in question did not even make a dive. Mr Rice of PORTAGE has some very nice quarry queens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justleesa

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:04 am

Bryan wrote:I say Delete Please. Thank you :)

your picture is ok with you Bryan?

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:38 am

Justleesa wrote:
your picture is ok with you Bryan?
Yes, as long as through the magic of photo shop you make me look thin and atttactive!....

On 2nd thought just use it as it is..... I can always be used as a bad example.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:35 am

Hi Lisa

I remember seen a picture of you coming out of the water with vintage gear and a great smile. I think you used it as an example in the early NAVED card. That picture or one very similar should be the one replacing picture #5. All I recall is that the smile expressed what vintage diving is all about.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

dhaas
Lung Diver

Pics for NAVED brochure

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:28 pm

Folks,

Yes, the lady in #5 was NOT a vintage diver at Weeki Wachee. She worked for Christopher de Felice (Dive Supervisor at Weeki Wachee) and they wanted some photos to promote Vintage Diving. She paddled around on the surface, with Allan, super vintage diver, just out of camera range as with the steel tank on she was quite negative!!!! She was a trooper, too, going into the 72F water only in her bikini!

While I agree she is currently NOT a vintage diver, I think the smile and selling of vintage diving being fun is evident in the photo. So do what you will, group rules.

I'd also bet that Jeff Rice's Quarry Queens are 99% in the same category, i.e., aren't avid vintage equipment scuba divers. Unless you count swimming at 5' below the surface for a few minutes to get some photos.....

Only other thing I'll say is there are many vintage gear nuts out there who barely if at all dive their stuff......But they do contribute to interest in this era of scuba equipment.

Food for thought :)

dhaas

Return to “NAVED - National Association of Vintage Equipment Divers”