Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:34 pm

Any pics that I have taken can be used.
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:43 pm

The lovely and talented Lisa Miller (she did ALL the NAVED cards front and back btw) Wants everyone to know that she can add, subtract, put in, take out, do anything you like with photos. Send them to her and let her work with them as her busy schedule allows. Give her the opportunity to throw a few different looks together and then let the group pick one they like best!!

GIVE HER IDEAS AND PICTURES.....Let her do the magic from there....

Thank you Commander Karl.....Your photos are a TON better than mine.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:01 pm

Justleesa wrote:Just reread your post nemrod and you mention single hose regs...all the pictures I used are of double hose regs...am I missing something?
I think that Nemrod was referring to the UDS-1 at the bottom left corner of the outside page. It was a single-hose setup. 8)

I think that you have done an outstanding job! You're so artistically talented and a great diver to boot! Roger is indeed one lucky man. :wink:
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Justleesa

Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:13 pm

JES wrote: I think that Nemrod was referring to the UDS-1 at the bottom left corner of the outside page. It was a single-hose setup. 8)
Aaaaahhh! my bad... :oops:
I think that you have done an outstanding job! You're so artistically talented and a great diver to boot!
you're making me turn red.... :oops:

Justleesa

Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:32 pm

Question? Has the name NAVED been registered yet?

duckbill

Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:29 am

Unless the outside shot has been revised, I don't see a UDS-1 on it. Must have been changed. The inside shot is not showing, so I guess that is where the hoseless regulator lived and is now being booted off.

I LOVE how Leesa made this so the outside doesn't just look like three separate panels. Each third can stand as an individual panel, but the opened tri-fold looks like a continuous poster. Very nice format!

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:33 am

When I mentioned double hose only it was as a general statement, I was not intending to be critical. I was speaking more in terms of additional pictures or other pictures we might yet discuss.

Single hose can be vintage too but the reason I want to keep it double hose is because unlike single hose they are CLEARLY visually different and that catches the eye--nothing more than that. The UDS was unique enough I would not have objected. I don't think we should have diving helmets on there either---lol---vintage and different but probably not what most of us mean we we talk about vintage scuba diving :shock: .

James

Justleesa

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:38 am

Thank you duckbill :oops: yes, I have updated the back - fell asleep before I could finish the front. I have my pictures from the past few years all on CD and have spent the day uploading and looking thru them (and I'm still not done) to our external hard drive - looking for action pictures so you get a better idea.

AH!...and I thought I was missing something :D thanks for the clear up Nemrod!

I did add a modern single hose picture on the flap - Roger posed Vintage with a moderen diver...Love the idea of looking at the past/future....Again this isn't written in stone.

I also put some of the pictures in as slides, looks nice :D Good idea Nemrod. If any one knows of a PS action that can make a continuos photo strip please let me know.

Justleesa

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:21 am

OK guys, please go back to page 2 and look at the updates...I thought I'd add a list of the benifits of NAVED - what came to mind. If you can think of anything else or better - please let me know.

As for pictures I think we can add about 4 or 5 more to the inside to make it 8 or 9, but send me what you have so I can swap out the gear pictures. If possible I would like to have a group picture and maybe a picture getting set up...talking about gear etc.... I will add the name and NAVED number of the donator to the photos.

Allen - Great picture! it displays the hoses perfectly. The hoses in your picture were grey, right? I touched up the color to make it pop out more. Hope that's ok with you.

Rob, hope you don't mind that I used you :wink:

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:36 am

Yes, the hoses are gray. If you need anything else, let me know. I am VERY impressed with your work so far. Talent, a real treasure.
Allan

Justleesa

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:54 am

Aloha and thank you Allen :D

another update: I added VDH's logo on the back and a space for VSS's if he decides to jump on board.

PS: how do ya'all like the reg bullets? :D They might be good as membership pins ;)

http://www.pincrafters.com/

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:16 pm

Karl, could you send some picture files, your favorites to Lisa and anybody else as well. Let her look through some of themfor possible inclusion.

You know what they say about to may chefs in the kitchen. Since Lisa has taken command of this we will just let her use her good eye and talent but I would like to add a few pictures from you Karl, anybody else? You have to send Lisa the files, I don't think she can pull them from the internet or prevous posts of the gallery here.

Once we get a few more phots on there---ANTBODY---please let us know about the wording. Again, Lisa has pulled statements and descriptions from many of the things we have discussed and placed them in the pamphlet and I think we are very near a final product.

Speak up now or hold your peace. Anybody with any picutres,words or statements they think worthy of inclusion plsase send them now, discuss them now. Send the picture files to Lisa.

James

Justleesa

Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:17 pm

I received a whole bunch of fantastic photos from the Weekie get together. I will post them in the proof. If you see yourself and agree to the usage of your photo please post that it is ok. If you do not wish your photo to be included let me know so I can remove it. If you know someone that is in one or the other picture, but they haven't seen this thread please let them know so they can give me permission.

I think I'll have it up by tomorrow.

Aloha,
Lisa

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:04 pm

Lisa: The work you've done and are doing on this project is fantastic and it just keeps getting better. I really like the Mission Statement that you have come up with; it says it all. What you have come up with so far has really encompassed what I believe is all of the collective ideas that each of us have and have presented. As for the two hose regs vs. single hose regs; DITTO on Nemrods statement. Thanks so much for all your efforts and the great job you're doing!! :D Terry

Justleesa

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:13 pm

I would love to say thank you but I will pass the compliment on to Captain. He phrased the misson statement on page one :D

But I will say thank you for the rest :D...Thank you!!

Return to “NAVED - National Association of Vintage Equipment Divers”